The First Academy established a subcommittee of the School Board to provide ongoing support for Christ-centered diversity and inclusion within our school community.
School Board Commendations
- TFA administration, faculty, and staff value diversity within the school community and embrace students and families from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds.
- TFA administration, faculty, staff, and a number of diverse volunteers have taken meaningful action to continue to strengthen the school community following recent events.
- TFA partners with New Missions to support the Shoeboxes for Haiti project.
- TFA families partner with Mission Emanuel in their ministry to children in the Dominican Republic.
- TFA has a library with excellent resources for teachers, students, and parents to access digital and print materials concerning racial and ethnic diversity.
- TFA unequivocally supports the school’s value statement (written in 2003), “All persons are uniquely created and given specific gifts and abilities. Economic, cultural, and racial diversity within the school provides a well-rounded learning environment.”
- The percentage of non-white faculty members has tripled since 2003, making TFA more diverse than local benchmark schools as well as our National Association of Independent School peers.
- TFA has made a strong commitment to strengthen diversity within the school, and minority student enrollment has increased from 8% in 2003 to 35% in 2017.
- Bishop Allen Wiggins
- Ada Pendas
- Mike Zizmer