IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR JANUARY & FEBRUARY
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- January 26-28, February 1-3: MS Musical, The Lion King Jr.
- February 2: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- February 9: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- February 9-13: US Fine Arts NYC Trip
- February 12: Admissions Open House – 2:00pm – Invite a friend!
- February 15: Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 9:30am
- February 16: MS/US Combined Chapel – Worship Center, 9:33am
- February 17: No School – Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
- February 20: No School – Student/Teacher Holiday
- February 23: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- February 24: Senior Ski Trip – Required Student/Parent Meeting – Student Center, 7:00am
- February 25: US Sadie Hawkins Dance – Natalie Thomas Gymnasium, 7:00pm
JV Sapphires Lead in Worship Through Dance at First Orlando
JV Sapphires led by Coach Leslie Scott, worship through dance to ‘Holy Spirit’ by Francesca Battistelli at First Baptist of Orlando services last weekend. Keep an eye out for the Varsity team sharing in a few weeks! Praise Him with DANCING! Psalms 150
January 2017 College Connection – Click here to check out the most recent college guidance newsletter.
Alternative Lunch 2/9-2/10
Students and Parents,
We will be having an alternative lunches on Thursday, February 9th and Friday, February 10th. The Junior Class is offering an alternative lunch for students in grades 57-12 and faculty to purchase those days. Kindergarten through 4th grade will have separate arrangements and will need to check with their teachers for information.
Thursday’s lunch will be a Chick-fil-A Sandwich with chips & a water for $5.50. Extra Sandwich for $3.50. Friday’s lunch will be two slices of cheese or pepperoni pizza and a water for $5.00. Extra slice for $2.00.
To order, please visit https://thefirstacademy.org/about/lunch/ to order this lunch if interested. Please submit your order by Tuesday, February 7th at 3pm.
When you submit your order, you should receive a confirmation page. You may need to scroll back to the top if your screen goes blank. You should also receive a confirmation email within 15 minutes from Larissa Galloway confirming receipt of payment. You do have the option of ordering for multiple students. Food distribution will be in the gym lobby.
Please remember that if you don’t like this option then you are welcome to bring something from home.
MS Theatre Presents The Lion King Jr.
The Lion King, Jr. is a story of love and redemption that captivates its audience through spirited and dynamic singing and dancing – combined with heaps of laughter and vivid dramatics. The importance of family, friendship, and courage is explored with humor and emotion in this entertaining and electrifying musical. The Lion King, Jr. is perfect for families with children of all ages. Evening performances take place January 26th – 28th, and February 2nd – 3rd at 7:00pm in the Black Box Theatre. There will also be a student matinee performance on February 1st at 3:00pm. Click here to purchase tickets.
Upper School Attendance
All emails regarding attendance can be sent to our receptionist, Lyn Maxime, at email@example.com. If your student is arriving late, will be dismissed early or absent from school, please email Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.