The explosion of change in technology, communication, and the world booms all around. In the clamor, we anchor ourselves to the truths found in Jesus Christ. We’re not alone. Millions upon millions of others have answered the call to follow Jesus. Despite the booming, noisy changes all around, they continue following, obeying, and responding to Jesus. These are some of our heroes. Many of them work and serve in your church. These pastors and leaders make mighty sacrifices to serve us. At the First Academy, we are so grateful for our strong partnership with First Orlando and the leadership of Dr. David Uth. We are proud to call him our friend and partner in ministry.
October is when we celebrate our Pastors during Pastor Appreciation Month. (But we suspect anytime is a good time to recognize these men and women.) Whether you attend First Orlando or one of the many other wonderful churches around town, below are 7 simple ideas for how you can celebrate and appreciate your pastor during this important month.
- Purchase a gift card to their favorite restaurant, coffee shop, or ice cream stand.
- Bring flowers you purchase or pick. If your pastor is married, give flowers to their spouse.
- Find out your pastor’s favorite beverage (soda, tea, etc.) and stock them up.
- Select a gift tied to your pastor’s hobby or passion.
- Show love to the pastors’ kids.
- Simply ask, “What can I do to be of service to you and your family?” and come prepared with three ideas such as handy-person services, babysitting, or dinner delivery.
- Pray for your pastor and write your prayer as a thank you card.
Additionally, join us on Friday, October 13, at the Payne Stewart Athletic Complex at 7pm for the Varsity Football Game vs. Duval Charter School. We will celebrate our partnership with First Orlando with a special “First Orlando” theme night. We will honor our First Orlando Pastors and members while also celebrating all pastors and churches that are represented at TFA. We look forward to seeing you there!