What makes The First Academy school family so special is our community that is centered on God’s love. We reignited this spirit of Christian community when we chose to welcome parents back to campus and host athletic contests and Fine Arts performances with full audiences. We celebrated Homecoming with our parade, carnival, and a great football game with smiling faces all around. We emerged from some really tough times due to the global pandemic stronger than ever and more committed to our mission than ever.
As Thanksgiving approaches, I want to thank you for your partnership and for entrusting us with your most precious treasures, your children. Also thank you for spreading the good news about TFA with your friends and neighbors. God has richly blessed The First Academy this year, and we are so excited for all that he is doing in and through our school.
- We are grateful that the Class of 2022 has completed almost 8,000 mission/service hours thus far
- We are celebrating the strong academic performance of our National Merit Qualifiers
- We are thankful that every student in Kindergarten through 12th grade completes about 150 hours of Bible instruction per year
- We are blessed to have 55 (and growing!) second-generation students enrolled at The First Academy
- We are honored to have 110 students who volunteered to serve as Admissions Ambassadors this year and enrollment demand across all grades levels is unprecedented
- We are joyful in knowing that each week, students in Middle and Upper School have the opportunity to participate in 16 student-led Bible Studies
- We are thankful that since 2011 we have celebrated 61 District Championships, 23 Regional Championships, and 11 State Championships in Athletics
- We are rejoicing in our Fine Arts program that has achieved levels of success never before seen at TFA
- Our hearts are overwhelmed with the generosity of our families (Gospel Patrons) who have given over $47 Million since 2003 to grow our school and Kingdom Education.
Thank you again for partnering with us to shape our future Christian Leaders in His Image – what an incredible opportunity! Tricia and I pray that your family will be blessed beyond measure this holiday season and that you will find rest in the One who loves you and gave His life for you.
Steve D. Whitaker, Ph.D.
Head of School