IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS & DATES
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- February 9th and 10th: LS Alternative Lunch Days
- February 10th: Father-Daughter Dance 6:30-9:30Pm (Country Club of Orlando)
- February 14th: Valentine’s Day
- February 14th: 2nd and 3rd Grade Field Trip to Orlando Repertory Theater
- February 16th: SSYRA Luncheon for 3rd-6th Grade (11:00-1:00pm)
- February 17th: Student Holiday/Professional Development Day
- February 20th: Student/Teacher Holiday-President’s Day
- February 24th: 5th Grade Field Trip to Oak Haven Farm
- March 1st: 3rd Grade 50’s Day
- March 2nd-3rd: WrAP Testing for 3rd-6th Grade
- March 4th: Lower School Night at the Solar Bears Game 7:00PM (Amway Arena)
- March 7th: 3rd Quarter AR Deadline
- March 7th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15-9:45AM (Faith Hall 3rd Floor)
- March 8th: Grandparent’s Day Rehearsal 11:00AM-2:00PM (Gym)
- March 9th: Grandparent’s Day Rehearsal 11:45AM-2:45PM (Gym)
- March 10th: Grandparent’s Day Program
- March 10th: End of the 3rd Quarter 12:15 Dismissal
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- February 9th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Cline’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 9th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 16th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Walton’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 16th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 23rd: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Camblin’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 23rd: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- March 2nd: No Chapel Due to WrAP Testing
- March 9th: No Chapel Due to Grandparent’s Day Rehearsal
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
It’s February and Love is our biblical character trait for the month (how appropriate). We will define love as “choosing to give someone your time and attention, no matter what.” I kicked off our new character trait in chapel last week by sharing the definition and our key verse. It is mentioned between 350-550 times in the Bible depending on the translation. Here are some of those verses:
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-13
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
National Children’s Dental Health Month
Did you know February is National Children’s Dental Health Month? K4/TK/K had a special visitor, Ms. Kat, from a local Pediatric Dentists office! She came and taught all about the “Cavity Fight Club”, and the “Bad Guys” that want to attack our teeth, as well as how to keep them clean and healthy! They learned about brushing, flossing, and more, and even got to take home a little goody bag, just like a visit to the dentist! SMILE!
Mrs. Williams’ Chapel Presentation
Mrs. Williams’ First Grade class taught lower school students how to show courtesy as a way of putting other’s needs before your own. They included showing courtesy to your elders, showing kindness, being respectful when communicating with someone, and appropriate table manners. All of these are examples are ways of living out the Golden Rule.
Mrs. Fox’s Chapel Presentation
Mrs. Fox’s First Grade “construction team” became experts in measuring all sorts of items from their own feet, to the principal! But one thing they discovered they could not measure with their rulers and measuring cups was God’s love. Through turning to the Bible for an answer about this, the first graders were able to learn and teach that this was good news!
The Bible teaches us, for God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, and whoever believes in Him will not be lost but will have eternal life! Not being able to measure God’s love is a reminder to us that His love for us will never end!
Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Psalm 36:5
NEW THIS WEEK
Lower School Night at the Solar Bears Hockey Game
Mark your calendars for March 4th. Lower School will be going to a Solar Bears Hockey game.
Tickets may be purchased HERE.
TFA Summer Preschool Opportunity
TFA’s Preschool is so very excited to welcome children, 8 weeks- 3 years old, back to campus for summer fun! Please see the attached flyer for more information. We love welcoming familiar Preschool families and new families too! Please feel free to pass along to family and friends. Click HERE for more information or to register.
Extended Library Hours
In an effort to better serve our TFA families, the Boyd-Moline Library will extend their afternoon hours beginning next week. The library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm.
Women’s Bible Study
Erin Warren, the Director of Women’s Ministry at FBCO, is organizing a women’s Bible study for TFA moms! The small groups will read Open Your Bible, over 7 weeks. The Bible study will start the week of January 23, 2017.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm. It will close at 3:30pm on Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.