IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS & DATES
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- January 20th: Lower School Night at the Orlando Magic Game
- January 20th: 5th Grade Science Fair
- January 25th: K4 and Kindergarten 100th Day of School Celebration
- February 3rd: 1st Grade Field Trip to the Science Center
- February 3rd: 3rd Grade Miss Alaineus Parade
- February 7th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15-9:45AM (Faith Hall 3rd Floor)
- February 9th and 10th: LS Alternative Lunch Days
- February 10th: Father-Daughter Dance 6:30-9:30Pm (Country Club of Orlando)
- February 14th: 2nd and 3rd Grade Field Trip to Orlando Reperatory Theater
- February 16th: 3rd-6th Grade Sunshine State Book Luncheon
- February 17th: Student Holiday/Professional Development Day
- February 20th: Student/Teacher Holiday-President’s Day
- February 22nd: 1st Grade George Washington’s Breakfast
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- January 19th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Dowling’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- January 19th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- January 26th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Williams’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- January 26th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 2nd: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Fox’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 2nd: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 9th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Cline’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 9th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 16th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Walton’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 16th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 23rd: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Camblin’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 23rd: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
We are nearing the end of our re-enrollment for current families. Making the decision and the financial investment to send your children to The First Academy is a huge one. Jay (that’s my husband) and I wanted our daughters to be educated in a place where Christ not only matters but is the foundation. I worked in multiple quality Orange County Public Schools in the area and many of your children attended those schools prior to coming to TFA. Here is why I Love TFA:
The teachers have a personal, ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ and want the same for their students and parents
Our students experience daily prayer and devotions and see the importance of this modeled at school
The Holy Bible is the ultimate authority and we strive to teach our students how to defend what they believe
Instruction is academically-aligned to help prepare students for college
The teachers our children have in Lower School will continue to be a part of their lives through graduation and beyond
Our students have extensive opportunities to explore fine arts, athletics, and other extra-curricular activities
Chapel, chapel, chapel . . . I love chapel!
I look forward to the opportunity to partner with you for many years to come.
Ms. Burns’ Kindergarten Chapel Presentation
4th/5th Grade Math Competition
Our 4th and 5th grade math teams participated in a competition this past weekend. David Han (5th Grade) placed 7th for his grade and Austin Pierzynsky (4th Grade) placed 11th. We are proud of all our students!
Florida All-State Chorus
Jordyn Kinard (5th Grade) and Hope Woods (5th Grade) represted TFA this past week at the FMEA All-State Chorus. They were selected after submitting an audition CD. After 12 hours of practice as a group last Wednesday and Thursday, the chorus performed. This is quite an accomplishment and honor. We are proud of them both!
Southwest Bulletin Stories of the Season
Did you know that we had 5 students’ essays featured in the Southwest Bulletin’s Stories of the Season essay contest? Congratulations to the following students for their Honorable Mention Awards:
- Emily Meena
- Savanna Schenk
- Jack Slattery
- Caden Collins
- Hutton Milchin
If you would like to check out their essays click HERE.
NEW THIS WEEK
Extended Library Hours
In an effort to better serve our TFA families, the Boyd-Moline Library will extend their afternoon hours beginning next week. The library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm.
Women’s Bible Study
Erin Warren, the Director of Women’s Ministry at FBCO, is organizing a women’s Bible study for TFA moms! The small groups will read Open Your Bible, over 7 weeks. The Bible study will start the week of January 23, 2017.
Father Daughter Dance-Purchase Tickets Today
It’s time to purchase tickets for our second annual Father-Daughter Dance. This fun event is open to all girls in 1st through 6th grade. It is a fun night of food, dancing, and even a great photo booth. This event was a great time last year and you do not want to miss it! The cost is $35 for each daughter and $45 for dads and tickets may be purchased HERE.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm. It will close at 3:30pm on Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.