IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS & DATES
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- January 25th: K4 and Kindergarten 100th Day of School Celebration
- February 3rd: 1st Grade Field Trip to the Science Center
- February 3rd: 3rd Grade Miss Alaineus Parade
- February 7th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15-9:45AM (Faith Hall 3rd Floor)
- February 9th and 10th: LS Alternative Lunch Days
- February 10th: Father-Daughter Dance 6:30-9:30Pm (Country Club of Orlando)
- February 14th: 2nd and 3rd Grade Field Trip to Orlando Repertory Theater
- February 16th: SSYRA Luncheon for 3rd-6th Grade (11:00-1:00pm)
- February 17th: Student Holiday/Professional Development Day
- February 20th: Student/Teacher Holiday-President’s Day
- February 24th: 5th Grade Field Trip to Oak Haven Farm
- March 1st: 3rd Grade 50’s Day
- March 2nd-3rd: WrAP Testing for 3rd-6th Grade
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- February 2nd: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Fox’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 2nd: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 9th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Cline’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 9th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 16th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Walton’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 16th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 23rd: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Camblin’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (TBD)
- February 23rd: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (TBD)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
It’s not too late for re-enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year. A large percentage of our students have secured their place in the next grade. If you want to secure your child’s place, re-enrollment is the way to do that!
Click on the video link below to see a short section of our Praise and Worship time at chapel this past week:
5th Grade Science Fair
The 2017 5th grade Science Fair, which took place Friday, January 20th, was a special day for students to showcase their projects and scientific knowledge. Our savvy 5th graders not only learned the Scientific process through their experiments but learned communication skills, math concepts, and the importance of leadership. The students shared their projects with 4th graders to begin the day so that they could practice presenting their ideas as well as encourage their peers on how to be ready for next year. Later in the day, when the 5th graders presented to judges, it was evident that the students were experts on their topics and were confident in their hard work. As the judges made their final decisions, many of them shared how impressed they were with the Biblical Connection section of each student project. Having the students connect God’s handiwork within their project topic is helping them prepare for the thesis that is required when they are seniors at TFA. Every student did an exceptional job and earned a ribbon for participation. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for each category were as follows:
1st place-Ivan Pham
(He was the only student who did a project in this category)
1st place-Justin Wilson
2nd place-Ava Pierzynski
1st place-Fisher Reeves
2nd place-Alex Curtis
3rd place-Walker Hughes & Molly Sheridan
6th Grade Math Competition
Our 6th grade Mathletes all placed in the top 10 for their grade level at the Mathleague Competition this past Saturday. These students participated in a series of math exercises throughout the morning. In addition to all of the individual students placing, the top team placed 4th in the competition overall. We are proud of our students!
Lower School Choirs Sing at the Orlando Magic Game
Almost 175 of our Lower School students, siblings, and parents hit the Orlando Magic Game on Friday night. This was a Lower School community event. Our 3rd-6th grade choirs had the opportunity to sign during the pregame show. Mrs. Walton was the featured teacher with the highest percentage of students attending the game. She got to join a couple of our students on the floor for the High Five Tunnel. It was a fun night for all!
NEW THIS WEEK
Extended Library Hours
In an effort to better serve our TFA families, the Boyd-Moline Library will extend their afternoon hours beginning next week. The library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm.
Women’s Bible Study
Erin Warren, the Director of Women’s Ministry at FBCO, is organizing a women’s Bible study for TFA moms! The small groups will read Open Your Bible, over 7 weeks. The Bible study will start the week of January 23, 2017.
Father Daughter Dance-Purchase Tickets Today
It’s time to purchase tickets for our second annual Father-Daughter Dance. This fun event is open to all girls in 1st through 6th grade. It is a fun night of food, dancing, and even a great photo booth. This event was a great time last year and you do not want to miss it! The cost is $35 for each daughter and $45 for dads and tickets may be purchased HERE.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm. It will close at 3:30pm on Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.