IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR OCTOBER & NOVEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- November 4th: Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
- November 9th: Lower School Celebrate America Picnic-Alternative Lunch Day (See Information Below)
- November 9th: Veterans Day Chapel 1:00PM (Faith Hall)
- November 13th: Open House 1:30-4:30PM
- November 15th: PA Uniform Resale 7:30-9:30AM (Lower School Room 213)
- November 16th: 3rd Grade Thanksgiving Celebration 8:15AM (3rd Grade Classrooms)
- November 17th: 1st Grade Thanksgiving Celebration 2:00PM (1st Grade Classrooms)
- November 17th: 2nd Grade Writing Showcase 8:30-10:00AM (2nd Grade Classrooms)
- November 17th: 4th Grade Thanksgiving Celebration 10:45-12:00PM (4th Grade Classrooms)
- November 18th: K4, TK, K Thanksgiving Presentation 12:30-1:00PM (Faith Hall)
- November 18th: K4, TK, K Thanksgiving Dessert Fellowship 1:15-2:15PM (Classrooms)
- November 21st-25th: Thanksgiving Break-No School
- November 30th: Deck the Halls
- December 2nd: 4th Grade St. Augustine Field Trip
- December 6th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15-9:45AM (Faith Hall 301)
- December 9th: 3rd Grade Magic Kingdom Field Trip
- December 13th: 2nd Quarter AR Deadline
- December 13th: Kindergarten Polar Express Day
- December 14th: Alternative Lunch for K4-5th Grade
- December 14th: Lower School Christmas Class Celebrations
- December 15th: Alterative Lunch for K4-5th Grade
- December 16th: All School Christmas Program 10:00-11:30AM (FBCO Worship Center)
- December 16th: End of 2nd Quarter-12:15PM Dismissal
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- November 9th: LS Veterans Day Chapel 1:00-2:00PM (Faith Hall)
- December 1st: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Mrs. Agan’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- December 1st: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10AM (Faith Hall)
- December 8th: Christmas Chapel 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- December 16th: All School Christmas Program
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
Our biblical character trait for the month of November is Cooperation. We define cooperation as “working together to do more than you can do alone.” Our chapel presentations will make this very real to the students. I will personally be challenging the students to embrace this trait because if most of us (or even all of us) were on board with, it could really make a dramatic change in TFA Lower School. What does cooperation look like?
- Working together for a shared goal – operating in community
- Combining skills and gifts for a joint task
- Being prepared to give and take – appreciation of each other’s contributions
- Getting along with other people
- Appreciating the specialness and uniqueness of each individual
- Needing each other
There are so many examples of cooperation in the Bible. Jesus is a perfect example of cooperation. He gathered a group of disciples to work alongside him. He picked people with varying characteristics and qualities that together would make a strong and effective team. The apostle Paul paints a wonderful image of cooperation in 1 Corinthians 12:12-31. He compares the body of Christ (fellow Christians) to the human body; many parts working together for a common purpose. All the parts are different but equally important to the mission.
Don’t forget to join us for our Veterans Day Chapel next Wednesday.
Mrs. Brown’s Chapel Presentation
We were “wow”ed last week with Mrs. Brown’s chapel presentation. Her students worked for multiple weeks to prepare their skits as well as a great video with real-life examples of forgiveness. They did a fantastic job and really gave us practical examples of forgiveness.
NEW THIS WEEK
Right Now Media
We’re excited to share that our school now has access to an extensive, video library called RightNow Media. It’s the “Netflix of Video Bible Studies” and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, iPad, computer, or at home on your TV.
Every Lower School family should have received an official invitation email from RightNow Media which includes FREE access to their content. Once you receive the email, simply click the link, sign up for an account, and you’re all set to explore more than 12,000 videos.
We hope that RightNow Media is a blessing to you and your family. Check out the link below for a sample of the content. Thank you for partnering with us!
Celebrate America Unit in Lower School
Haiti Shoebox Drive
As we have been discussing in chapel and in the classroom, it is Haiti Shoebox time again. Our goal for Lower School is 750 shoeboxes. Let’s work together to bless some children in Haiti this year. This is a great mission opportunity where students can be directly involved by helping to shop for and pack the shoebox. Here is some important information regarding our shoebox drive.
Book Camp! Incentive Program
October 17-December 16
Each week, students can fill out a BOOK CAMP reading record form. Students can read any 10 books themselves, or the books may be read to them. Completed reading records (records with at least 10 books) should be turned in during the student’s regular library time each week in order to receive a special prize! Click below for a copy of the BOOK CAMP log.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 3:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. It will close at 3:30pm on Monday and Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.