IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- September 29th: NEHS Induction Ceremony 7:00PM (Faith Hall 301)
- September 30th: 1st Grade Field Trip (Sea World)
- October 4th: 1st Quarter AR Deadline
- October 4th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15AM (Faith Hall 301)
- October 5th: Royal Dads’ Event 7:55AM (Faith Hall 301)
- October 5th: 4th Grade Starlab In-House Field Trip (Gym)
- October 6th: All-School Homecoming Pep Rally 6:00PM (Payne Stewart)
- October 7th: Homecoming Parade 11:00AM
- October 7th: End of the 1st Quarter-Early Dismissal 12:15PM
- October 10th: Teacher Workday/Student Holiday
- October 11th: 2nd Quarter Begins
- October 11th: Portrait Retakes
- October 12th: K4 Pumpkins for Pops 8:00-8:30AM (K4 Classrooms)
- October 14th: Kindergarten Donuts with Dads 7:45-8:30AM (Kindergarten Classrooms)
- October 14th: KPrep, TK, Kindergarten Movie Night 6:30-8:30PM (Student Center)
- October 17th-21st: Speech and Language Screenings
- October 26th: 2nd Grade Pumpkin Centers 9:00-10:30AM (2nd Grade Classrooms)
- October 28th: 3rd-5th Grade Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Field Trip
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- October 6th: No LS Chapel Due to Homecoming Week
- October 6th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Faith Hall)
- October 13th: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Miss Rowley’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15am (Faith Hall)
- October 13th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Faith Hall)
- October 20th: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Mrs. Schuessler’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15am (Henry Chapel)
- October 20th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Henry Chapel)
- October 27th: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Mrs. Brown’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15am (Faith Hall)
- October 27th: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10am (Faith Hall)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
We want to thank all of our parents for supporting our Student-Led Conferences last week. It is a sacrifice of your time to come in with your children and hear about how they are doing this year, but I think it is time well spent. The teachers loved the opportunity to work with the students to help identify their areas of strength and growth. The most important lesson is that God created each of us to be unique and to serve a purpose for His glory and honor and we want to celebrate that with your children. Thank you for the opportunity to partner with you. They really are a blessing!
See You at the Pole-Wednesday
Our 6th-grade homeroom representatives organized this year’s Lower School See You at the Pole. About one hundred Lower school students and parents joined thousands of students from schools all over the world and prayed around the flagpole. We prayed for our families and friends, the Orlando community, TFA, and local churches.
6th Grade Geology Lab
The sixth-grade students were on their start to being junior geologist this week in science class. Each pair of students used microscopes, magnifying glasses, and their knowledge they have learned in class to identify types of rocks including igenous, metamorphic, and sedimentary.
Kindergarten Apple Fun
Kindergarten has been learning all about apples. To celebrate the end of our Apple Unit and Johnny Appleseed’s birthday (Sept. 26), we cooked and tasted applesauce in class. Throughout the month of September, students participated in many Reading, Writing, Art, Science, and Math activities as they learned about this delicious fruit God created. One class even sliced an apple peel that was taller than the teacher!
Lower School Girls Volleyball Team
One of our Lower School sports offerings is Lower School Girls Volleyball. Don’t they look great? Coach Malone may have some future Varsity Volleyball players in training.
NEW THIS WEEK
Lower School Social Event- KPrep, TK, & Kindergarten Movie Night!
Okay families, mark your calendars for our 1st Annual Movie Night for students in KPrep, TK and Kindergarten. This event will be Friday, October 14th from 6:30-8:30pm in the Student Center. Younger siblings are welcome! Can’t wait to see you there. Purchase your ticket HERE.
Homecoming Week-October 3rd-7th
We are going to end the quarter with a week of fun celebrating TFA Homecoming. In Lower School, we will have the following dress up days:
- Monday – Crazy Hair Day: Students may wear creative and fun hairstyles.
- Tuesday – Sock Day: Students may wear funny socks.
- Wednesday – Glasses Day: Students may wear fun glasses of their choice.
- Thursday – Hat Day: Students may wear a fantastic fun hat.
- Friday – Blue & Gold Day: Students may wear blue and gold spirit wear if they do not have a Homecoming T-shirt.
There will be an All-School Pep Rally at Payne Stewart on Thursday, October 6th beginning at 6:00PM. If you would like to secure a parking pass that will allow you to park right at Payne Stewart, please make your request HERE. Quantities will be limited so make your request as soon as possible. Join me for this fun event. Our Homecoming Parade will be at 11:00AM on October 7th and we would love to have you join our classes. Don’t forget the football game on Friday night at 7:00pm, which will feature the US Homecoming Court.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 3:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. It will close at 3:30pm on Monday and Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.