November 6, 2014 | Kacey Chambers |
IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are some important dates that you do not want to miss:
• November 9th – Admissions Open House (2:00-4:00PM)
• November 17th – K4-6 Assembly – Nutcracker Performance (1:30-2:30PM)
• November 21st – No School – Student Holiday/Teacher Professional Development Day
• November 24th-28th – No School – Student/Teacher Holiday/Thanksgiving Break
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES & TIMES
Parents, the following is a list of chapel dates and times for November:
• November 13th – Grades K4-K Chapel 9:00AM (MWC)
• November 20th – No Chapel – Thanksgiving Events
• November 27th – No Chapel – Thanksgiving Break
A NOTE FROM DR. HIGGINS
“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious…and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – (Walt Disney Company)
TFA Lower School Veterans
Lower School students honored several veterans for their bravery in obeying the call of duty during yesterday’s LS Veterans Day Chapel. A special “Thank you” to TFA employees Steve Sagraves, Juan Felix and Rocky Monk for their service to the United States.
Parent Volunteers – Haiti Shoeboxes
NEW THIS WEEK
TFA Open House Reminder
Do you have a future TFA Royal? Student Applications for the 2014-2015 school year are available on our website for Early Enrollment! Space is limited! Tell A Friend! Prospective Family Open House is Sunday, November 9th from 2:00pm-4:00pm! RSVP on our website or call 407-206-8602.
Haiti Shoeboxes – Thank You for Giving
A big “thank you” to everyone who donated to our New Missions Haiti Shoebox Drive. We exceeded our goal and were able to donate over 500 shoeboxes from the Lower School. We are grateful for your generosity.
The Nutcracker Ballet (Special K4-6th Gr. Assembly)
Join us on Monday, November 17th, at 1:30PM in Faith Hall, for Central Florida’s “most entertaining” Nutcracker – adapted for students to a one-hour, narrated show! The story is based on a fairytale in which the Nutcracker doll comes to life as an enchanted prince who saves the pretty young maiden Maria, from distress.
Lower School Parking Lot
Parents, please use our carline for morning drop-off. The Lower School parking lot is for parking and going into a building only. Also, the handicap parking is designated for families or visitors who have a handicap parking sticker/sign. Please do not park in the handicap parking area if you do not have a handicap parking sign.
K Storybook Pumpkins Video
Kindergarten Storybook Pumpkins have been on display in the Boyd Moline Library! The children are extremely excited about the wonderful world of reading; they worked with their parents to decorate a pumpkin like a character from one of their favorite books. Be sure to watch the video this week to see these wonderful creations!
School Closed/Teacher Work Day/Thanksgiving vacation/ (November 21st, 24th-28th)
The First Academy will be closed November 24th-28th for Thanksgiving Break. The Admissions Office will however be open for tours November 24th, 25th and 26th.
Parents, as we head into cold and flu season please note the following ways that you can help us:
• Know when to keep your child home. Vomiting, diarrhea, fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher), and conjunctivitis are automatic “stay home” events. If your child has more than one of the following symptoms, they should also stay home: cough, sore throat, a runny or stuffy nose, body aches, rash, stomachache, headache or exhaustion.
• Keep sick children at home for at least 24 hours after they are symptom free, without the use of medication.
• Teach your children to wash their hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub. You can set a good example by doing this yourself.
• Teach your children not to share personal items like drinks, food or utensils, and to cover their coughs and sneezes with tissues. Covering up their coughs or sneezes using the elbow, arm or sleeve instead of the hand when a tissue is unavailable, is also acceptable.
• Do not send children to school if they are sick. Any children who are determined to be sick while at school will be sent home.
Prospective Families Can Text TFA!
Did you know that prospective families can text the letters TFA to 292929 and Admissions will call them? Thank you for sharing why you love TFA and helping us connect with future Royals!