IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER & DECEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss.
- November 30: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- December 5: Parent Association Meeting – Faith Hall room 301, 8:15am
- December 5: MS/US Winter Choral Showcase – Marie Williams Chapel, 7:00pm
- December 6: MS Field Trip to see Wonder – AMC Universal Cineplex
- December 7: Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting – Cramer Family Field House Lobby, 8:00am
- December 11-13: MS Fall Visual Art Exhibit – Black Box Theatre
- December 14: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
NEW THIS WEEK
Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting
As we look ahead to the 2018-2019 school year, we would love for you to continue being a part of our TFA family. I would like to welcome you to campus for an Upper School Preview parent event. This event is designed for current 8th-grade parents. Parents meet to hear from our leadership, current parents/students, and guidance department. Parents may also attend our Chapel service immediately following the meeting.
When and Where: Thursday, December 7th at 8:00 AM in the Field House lobby – PLEASE RSVP HERE!
Library Reading Incentive Program
The second quarter’s reading incentive program for grades 3-8 is based on the Sunshine State Young Reader’s Award (SSYRA) reading lists: SSYRA parent letter 2017. These books are chosen by the Florida Association of Media in Education and have not yet been pre-approved by the TFA Library staff. Parents, as always, please use your best judgment in helping your child choose books to read. After reading and passing the AR test for a SSYRA book, students will receive a small prize from the “Sunshine Store” during their class library time. This promotion will end January 12th. We hope your student finds a new favorite while they explore new authors and genres during this promotion. Students who read and pass the AR test for 5 or more books will be invited to a celebration lunch with SSYRA author Taryn Souders on Thursday, February 1st.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. DeBoom or Ms. Whitaker in the library.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Mrs. Erika Faustino, Middle School Receptionist. All Middle School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Mrs. Faustino in the Middle School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Mrs. Faustino concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8620 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.