IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- October 12: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:30am
- October 13: End of 1st Quarter
- October 16-21: Homecoming Week
- October 16: Dress Up Day – Theme Day (Circus)
- October 17: Dress Up Day – Come One, Come All (Duo/Group)
- October 18: Dress Up Day – Rooooaaaaar! (Anything that begins with the letter R)
- October 19: Lions, Tigers & Bears, Oh My! (Your favorite animal)
- October 19: MS/US Chapel – Student Center, 9:25am
- October 20: Homecoming Shirt / Spirit Wear
- October 20: Homecoming Parade – Loop Road, 9:30am
- October 20: Pep Rally – Field House, 10:00am
- October 20: 30th Anniversary Carnival – US Parking Lot, 5:00pm
- October 20: Homecoming Football Game – PSAC, 7:30pm
NEW THIS WEEK
8th Grade College Day
Our college advisors met with the 8th grade students to discuss high school and start preparing them for their journey to college. We enjoyed seeing the 8th graders representing their favorite colleges!
MS/US Chapel Recap 10/5
By Abby B., Class of 2018
On Thursday, Brent Crowe, the vice president of Student Leadership University, came and spoke to us during chapel. He preached on Philippians chapter 1 about Paul being imprisoned. He mentioned how at the time Paul’s ministry was not thriving, but regardless the gospel was still advancing. His sermon was focused around two questions. First, “Do you have a divine perspective on unfortunate circumstances?” Second, “Is your life inspiring someone else to fulfill their purposes?”
I was so inspired by his charge to us to continue to spread God’s name even when our circumstances aren’t always ideal. He shared a beautiful story about his grandmother and the hardships that she faced. But, rather than letting her circumstances bring her down, she chose to follow God with reckless abandon just like Paul did. Overall, I felt that many of my peers were impacted by his message to look past our circumstances and to recognize the goodness of God.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Mrs. Erika Faustino, Middle School Receptionist. All Middle School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Mrs. Faustino in the Middle School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Mrs. Faustino concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8620 or email her at email@example.com.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.