Word from the Principal
Merry Christmas, TCS families!
As we approach Christmas, I wanted to take a moment and highlight some great things happening at TCS and news to note as we return in January.
It has been a great transition into our new facility, where we have expanded our office area, are able to have all students on the same floor, a bell and intercom system, and a High School Science Lab! As with any move, it is an adjustment – thank you so much for your assistance in making this transition a smooth one.
We continue to celebrate the successes of our TCS students!
• Over 23 student athletes participated in Middle and High School sports this fall.
• TCS students participated in drama and band productions.
• 65% of our 7th grade and 57% of our 5th grade students were recognized in the Duke TIP (Talent Identification Program).
• Our students continue to receive college offers from schools of their choosing, such as Liberty University, Samford University, Palm Beach Atlantic University, Florida State University, Shorter University, and Florida Southern.
• Student scores on the Terra Nova 3 Standardized Test continue to increase in reading and math over the previous year.
As we approach the New Year, I wanted to highlight a few items.
• Please remember to read TCS’s e-newsletter in the TFA Today each Thursday (sent from TFA Communications). This is our main mode of communication with our families.
• Re-enrollment is upon us! Re-enrollment will begin Monday, January 12 and run through Sunday, January 25. We will be sending more information upon returning in January.
• Construction will begin on First Orlando’s Worship Center in January. We are anticipating no changes to the TCS dismissal/pick up or entrance areas.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your family. May God richly bless you all this Christmas.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
Joe Fana, Principal
The Classical School
Please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
• Dec. 19 – TCS offices close at 12:00
• Jan. 5 & 6 – Assignments/Classes Resume
• Jan. 8 – Yearbook Meeting
• Jan 13 – Rising 9th grade Parent Meeting
NEW THIS WEEK
Jan. 5 & 6
Work at home assignments will be due on Jan 6. After Break assignments will begin on MONDAY, Jan. 5 with at school classes resuming on Tuesday, Jan. 6.
There will be a mandatory yearbook meeting on Thursday, Jan 8 at 3:00pm in Mrs. Joynes room for high school students participating in the yearbook. The purpose will be to discuss deadlines and divide up assignments so we can begin putting the yearbook together.
Parents of current 8th graders are encouraged to come learn about TCS high school. Information about graduation requirements, course offerings and SAT/ACT prep will be discussed. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Because the TCS office will be closing at 12:00, all AR tests must be taken by 11:30.
HIGH SCHOOL REMINDERS
You should have received an email from Don Baker at TFA listing the remaining senior items needed. Please make sure you are on top of getting these things taken care of. Let me know if you have any questions.
Also remember you are required to apply to 3 colleges and most colleges’ application deadline is December 15th. If you have not begun this process, please do so immediately. Let Mrs. Fiscus know when you apply and when you receive acceptance notification.
If you have not yet taken either the ACT or SAT, please sign up to take one or both of these test by February and plan to take again in March, April or May, if necessary.
Jan. 24: SAT & SAT Subject, Dec. 29 (1/13 with late fee)
Feb. 7: ACT, Jan. 9 (1/16 with late fee)
Mar. 14: SAT only, Feb. 13 (3/3 with late fee)
Apr. 18: ACT, Mar. 13 (3/27 with late fee)
May 2: SAT & SAT Subject, Apr. 6 (4/21 with late fee)
Bring in your Box Tops!!
First Hope is collecting Box Tops to purchase a touch screen computer and sensory equipment.
The Goal is $2000.00 = 20,000 Box Tops
First Hope’s Annual Holiday Shop
Carroll Dyer, McKay Coordinator and Lisa Story, First Hope Parent
First Hope each year opens a Holiday Shop with different family gifts for mom, dad, brother, sister, grandma, grandpa, and many more. We use the shop for our students and The Classical School lower grades to purchase items for their family and at the same time teach our students different life and social skills.
We had a great time Thursday, December 11 helping the students find that special gift for their families. The money we get from this shop will go directly to equipment and supports needed in our classrooms to help our students be successful. Thanks to all the TCS parents who let their children shop and help our students learn more skills to be independent.
Mrs. Pierce’s 2nd grade TCS class with all the gifts they bought
Thank you again parents for helping us make this our best shop ever!
First Hope Director
Come out and support our TCS Athletes
Fri. Dec 19
JV Boys Basketball vs. Orlando Christian Prep 05:30 PM-07:00 PM
Orlando Christian Prep, 500 S Semoran Blvd, Orlando, FL
JV Girls Soccer vs. vs. Boone HS 04:30 PM-06:00 PM
Boone High School, 1000 E Kaley St, Orlando
(Clara Flint and Maddie Flint)
Tues. Jan. 6
JV Boys Basketball vs. Orangewood Christian 05:30-07:00PM
Orangewood Christian School, 1300 Maitland Blvd, Maitland