January 29, 2015 | Kacey Chambers |
Please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
• Feb 5-7: MS Musical
• Feb 9: Spring Sports Meeting
NEW THIS WEEK
Middle School Musical
Shrek Jr., The Musical 07:00 PM-09:00 PM
Blackbox Theater, The First Academy
If your child is participating in a MS or Varsity Spring Sport you are required to attend the Spring Sports Parent meeting.
PARTIES (on and off campus)
• The principal must approve all class party plans.
• If parents want to celebrate a child’s birthday at school, they may bring refreshments after first contacting the teacher to set up a day and time, including those with the summer birthdays.
• For birthday parties or others (sleep-overs) outside of school, please adhere to these guidelines:
-Invitations may not be distributed in school unless the entire class (or all boys or all girls) is invited. If they are distributed in school, they must be distributed in the mail folders, not by hand.
-If children are to be picked up at school for an off-campus party, please make arrangements with the last period teacher. The pick-up line is not a good choice for picking up students as it can cause some students to feel left out if they are in another grade or for other reasons cannot participate.
• Flowers and/or gift baskets may NOT be delivered to students during class on any school day or at any school-sponsored event or program. Any deliveries may be picked up at the school office.
HIGH SCHOOL REMINDERS
Sophomores and Juniors
If you have not yet taken either the ACT or SAT, please sign up to take one or both of these tests.
Mar. 14 SAT only, Feb. 13 (3/3 with late fee)
Apr. 18 ACT, Mar. 13 (3/27 with late fee)
May 2 SAT & SAT Subject, Apr. 6 (4/21 with late fee)
Bring in your Box Tops!!
First Hope is collecting Box Tops to purchase a touch screen computer and sensory equipment.
The Goal is $2000.00 = 20,000 Box Tops
RECOGNITION: Transitions Career Education
We had a great start to the Transitions+ Career Education month. Mr. Mason, an Apopka fireman, was encouraging, engaging, and professional in guiding our students to reach their potential.