January 15, 2015 | Kacey Chambers |
Please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
• Jan. 15: 4th-6th grade Musical Auditions
• Jan. 19: Self-Study
NEW THIS WEEK
Per request, I am attaching the audition packet, again. Please read through the information and see highlighted changes/edits. We have just a few more spots left for audition times. Please go to the Sign-up Genius link and register your child for an audition time. We are still in need of boys as we have many male roles to fill. Many of these are roles that do not require solos/singing. We can also work with team schedules if that is a challenge. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4ca9a629a46-mysonpinocchio
Once a student has an audition slot, they may go to the LS Music Rm. (Rm. 135) and get a script excerpt/song for the part they choose for an audition piece.
General Music/6th Grade Theatre Instructor
LS Fine Arts Coordinator/Vocal Director
RAAE/LS Chapel Director
The First Academy | 2667 Bruton Blvd. | Orlando, FL 32805
www.thefirstacademy.org | p: 407.206.8681 | f: 407.206-8675
Monday, Jan. 19 is a self-study day. No work will be assigned and TCS offices will be closed.
Re-Enrollment has begun!
This year re-enrollment will be done online. In celebration of re-enrollment Jan. 12- Jan. 23 will be spirit days.
PARTIES (on and off campus)
• The principal must approve all class party plans.
• If parents want to celebrate a child’s birthday at school, they may bring refreshments after first contacting the teacher to set up a day and time, including those with the summer birthdays.
• For birthday parties or others (sleep-overs) outside of school, please adhere to these guidelines:
– Invitations may not be distributed in school unless the entire class (or all boys or all girls) is invited. If they are distributed in school, they must be distributed in the mail folders, not by hand.
– If children are to be picked up at school for an off-campus party, please make arrangements with the last period teacher. The pick-up line is not a good choice for picking up students as it can cause some students to feel left out if they are in another grade or for other reasons cannot participate.
• Flowers and/or gift baskets may NOT be delivered to students during class on any school day or at any school-sponsored event or program. Any deliveries may be picked up at the school office.
HIGH SCHOOL REMINDERS
Sophomores and Juniors
If you have not yet taken either the ACT or SAT, please sign up to take one or both of these tests.
Feb. 7, ACT; Jan. 9 (1/16 with late fee)
Mar. 14, SAT only; Feb. 13 (3/3 with late fee)
Apr. 18, ACT; Mar. 13 (3/27 with late fee)
May 2, SAT & SAT Subject; Apr. 6 (4/21 with late fee)
Bring in your Box Tops!!
First Hope is collecting Box Tops to purchase a touch screen computer and sensory equipment.
The Goal is $2000.00 = 20,000 Box Tops
TFA Girls Varsity Basketball team spending time with First Hope Students
Come out and support our TCS Athletes
Fri. Jan. 16
JV Boys Basketball vs. Holy Trinity Academy 06:00 PM-07:30 PM
@The First Academy
Varsity Boys Soccer vs. West Orange HS 07:00 PM-08:30 PM
@The First Academy
(Dean Childers, Jordan Powell)
Sat. Jan. 17
Varsity Cheerleading FHSAA Regional Competition
12:00 AM-1/18 12:00 AM @Flagler College, 74 King Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084