Written By: Dr. Whitaker, Head of School
As we concluded 2015, I looked back on the blessings we experienced as a school community and I am tremendously thankful for God’s merciful provision. While some schools have struggled to maintain enrollment and increase academic performance, we have seen our student body grow spiritually, scholastically, and numerically.
Let me share a few highlights:
- As part of the senior spiritual formation plan, senior students met individually with a faculty or staff member to discuss their spiritual growth. This created an intentional opportunity for gospel presentation to seniors before they graduated and transitioned into their next phase in life.
- Lower School created and implemented a Bible Buddies program with 3rd and 6th grade students, which focused on leadership and discipleship.
- In coordination with Three W International, TFA hosted ten Chinese students. These students consistently maintained 4.0 or higher GPAs throughout the school year. Several of the students committed themselves to Christ, which is consistent with our historic call to share the gospel with all nations.
- The Class of 2015 was the largest graduating class in TFA history and had the following honors:
• 120 graduates (including TCS) in the Class of 2015
• 24 students were 13-year seniors
• $17.2 million in scholarships
• Accumulated nearly 15,000 hours of missions/community service
• 90% of our seniors were part of extracurricular activities in the arts, athletics or leadership
• 26 AP Scholars (highest ever)
• 1 National Merit Finalist/Scholarship Winner
• 4 Students entered the US Armed Forces
- As a marker of Institutional Stability, 2015 resulted in a record enrollment (growth of 7%) and over $10 million was given to support the Field House Campaign.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family at The First Academy. As wonderful as our memories of past successes may be, our anticipation of new opportunities in 2016 is even stronger.
Next week we will share more information about 2016 and highlight reasons why we believe the best is yet to come.
Steve Whitaker, Ph.D.
Head of School