Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- October 26 – 28 – Wizard of Oz, Black Box Theatre, 7 PM
- November 2nd – Parent Association Meeting – E-2, Room 207, 8:15 AM
- November 2nd – TCS Chapel
- November 7th – Haiti Shoeboxes Due
- November 7th – Senior Royal Recharge
- November 13th – Senior Lunch, Student Center, 1:05 PM – 1:50 PM
- November 13th – Winter Sports Parent Meeting, Field House, 6:30 PM
- November 16th – Thanksgiving Family Feast, Faith Hall (Stage side), 11:30 AM
A Message from Joe Fana, Principal of The Classical School
In the third and final installment of the three elements of our Portrait of a Graduate – Spiritual, Leadership, and Scholastic Formation – this week, we will focus on Scholastic Formation. It is the goal for graduates of TCS to:
- Be a critical thinker who knows how to apply logic, deductive reasoning, and analysis to be a proactive problem solver in any context.
- Understand the value of being well-read in a variety of disciplines.
- Understand the importance of written communication and have been trained to write in many different formats, including professional, literary, argumentative, and formal.
- Be an experienced communicator who has been given opportunities to present argumentation in front of an audience on multiple occasions throughout the educational process. He or she will understand that while finding a solution is the ultimate aim of any conversation, communicating this solution in an attractive manner is just as crucial.
- Be well equipped to utilize scientific and mathematical methods to understand the economic world in which we currently live.
TCS students and teachers had great fun celebrating TFA Homecoming and 30th Anniversary, from dress-up days to the parade and pep rally!
Congratulations to the following 7th graders whose test scores qualify for the Duke Talent Identification Program:
NEWS TO NOTE
Haiti Shoebox Drive
Please consider packing a few shoeboxes for children in Haiti. This is a project through New Missions, and it is a great way to get the whole family involved. The TCS goal this year is 65 boxes. Please see this website for more information on the drive. Boxes are due by November 7th.
If you are interested in signing up for various volunteer opportunities, please click here. We are so grateful for all of our volunteers!
Information for TCS field trips can be found here. All students and parents are welcome, but some have limited space.