IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR SEPTEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- Thursday, September 29th Community Helper Day
- Monday, October 3rd-Friday, October 7th Fall Parent Conferences
- Monday, October 3rd-Friday, October 7th Homecoming Spirit Week
- Wednesday, October 5th Royal Dads’ Event (7:55am Faith Hall 301)
- Thursday, October 6th TFA Preschool Parent University “Mommy & Me Brain Smart Start” 9:15am (E2-1
- Friday, October 7th Donuts for Dads
- Friday, October 7th Preschool Homecoming Tailgate (5:30pm Church Faith Hall Lawn)
- Tuesday, October 18th & Wednesday, October 19th Black & White Photo Days
- Thursday, October 20th Field Trip Green Meadows Farm (2’s & 3’s Classes Only)
Message from Mrs. Sarah Donovan, Director of The Extended Educational Programs
Student safety is our number one priority at The Extended Educational Programs of the First Academy. I refer to our faculty and staff as ‘lifeguards’- always watching and protecting our students. Safety starts from the moment the family pulls onto campus until the moment they are safely picked up at car line. Here are some safety tips to ensure all of our TFA students and families arrive home safely:
- The Preschool Parking Lot (next to the Faith Hall loop) is for Preschool family pick-up and drop-off only. This is very important as we have families with little ones in strollers and walking with their parents in this area at the same time as TCS and TFH dismissal.
- The Faith Hall loop and Welcome Center A is designated for TCS and The First Hope drop-off and pick-up.
- Please drive slowly and carefully throughout all of campus. Students are often walking in between programs and activities. It is best to always take your time and drive safely in the mornings and afternoons.
- Please pull all the way to the front of the car line and continue to move forward to allow for the line to move quickly and efficiently.
- Please avoid cell phone usage while driving on campus and during drop off and pick up.
Message from Mrs. Grayson Merritt, Principal of the Preschool
Community Helper Day: You are invited to join us for our 2nd annual Community Helper Day on Thursday, September 29th from 9:00am-11:00am. Our students will walk with their class to visit a pilot, firefighter, police officer, dental hygienist, and a pastor. Your child may dress up for the day as their favorite community helper to celebrate the event as well! Parents we need your help! We are gearing up for our Community Helpers unit.
TFA Preschool Parent University: Parents, please make plans to join us for our first ever Preschool Parent University where once a month you can attend a free workshop to learn more about topics that are imperative about parenting. Topics over the next couple of months will include Conscious Discipline, Spiritual Formation at Home, Childhood Development and more!
We are excited to share with you that our first “Parent University” class will be led by one of our amazing mom’s, Georgia Leacox (owner of Learning RX). Brain Smart Start, Mommy & Me is a do-it-yourself approach to brain training. Smart Start teaches you how to work at home with your child, doing fun mental exercises that will train your child’s brain with the skills it needs to think and learn. Smart Start works on attention, memory, logic & reasoning, auditory processing, visual processing, and more! Mark your calendars to join us on Thursday, October 6th from 9:15am-11:00am in E2 Room 134 to come learn more about Brain Smart Start, Mommy & Me.
Homecoming Week: We will have several special events during Homecoming Week!
Please see the spirit schedule below so you know how to “dress-up” each day.
Monday – Crazy Hair Day: Students may wear creative and fun hairstyles.
Tuesday – Sock Day: Students may wear funny socks.
Wednesday – Glasses Day: Students may wear fun glasses of their choice.
Thursday – Hat Day: Students may wear a fantastic fun hat.
Friday – Blue & Gold Day: Wear your Homecoming Spirit Shirt or any Royals Spirit attire
“Donuts For Dads” (Friday, October 7th) Calling all dads (or a special grandfather, uncle or friend to your child) make plans to join us from 9:15am-10:15am in the classroom with your preschool friend for a special snack and circle time.
Preschool Homecoming Tailgate (Friday, October 7th)-Mark your calendars to join us in the field outside of Faith Hall starting at 5:30pm to have our inaugural Preschool Family Tailgate. We will have pizza dinner ($25/family) and all the fun of a tailgate before the Varsity Homecoming game. We will be emailing out an online preorder form soon so that you can purchase dinner for your family!
Mrs. Grayson Merritt
SCHOOL FAMILY CELEBRATIONS
Happy Birthday to our Preschool Friends during month of September:
Charis (9th); Sammy (12th); Jaana (12th); Tahseen (14th); Jillian (23rd); Eliza’ Kim (29th)
Welcome New Friends To Our School Family:
Big Brother/Big Sister Celebrations:
Big Sister Harper Big Brother Winward
Playing bubbles with my friends is fun!
I can practice my balance on a balance beam with my friends.
I can pedal fast around the playground.
I can see you! Nemi loves to slide down the slide.