IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR MAY
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- May 13: AP Exam – Human Geography – NOVA Southeastern Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 13: Thespian Inductions – US 210, 12:35pm (US lunch)
- May 14: Rising Senior Parent Meeting – Student Center, 9:00am – at least one parent is required to attend
- May 16: Senior Step Up – Faith Hall parking lot, 7:00am – students back in class by 8:30am
- May 17: Graduation Practice – Worship Center, 1:00pm (seniors), 2:00pm (juniors)
- May 20: Graduation – Worship Center, 6:45pm
- May 20: US Final Exam, English – US classrooms, 9:00am-11:00am
- May 20: US Final Exam, Science – US classrooms, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- May 23: US Final Exam, Math – US classrooms, 9:00am-11:00am
- May 24: US Final Exam, Foreign Language – US classrooms, 9:00am-11:00am
- May 24: US Final Exam, Electives – US classrooms, 1:00pm-3:00pm
- May 25: US Final Exam, Make Up Testing – US classrooms, 7:50am-12:15pm
- May 25: Last Day of School – 12:15pm dismissal
College Application Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to Class of 2017’s Hamilton Murrah and Visen Li who each won a $200 scholarship for their college applications! They attended the annual Central Florida College Fair back in February, and their names were drawn from among the juniors that attended. Thanks to the Consortium of Central Florida Private High School Counselors for this scholarship opportunity!
NEW THIS WEEK
College Admissions – 10th & 11th Grade Students
Exploring College Options is a special recruitment program sponsored by the five of the country’s leading universities. Meet with Admission representatives from:
University of Pennsylvania
The event will be held on Monday, May 16th at 7:00pm at the Orlando Airport Renaissance: 5445 Forbes Pl, Orlando, FL 32812
Please register: http://www.exploringcollegeoptions.org/
We hope that you’ll take advantage of this great opportunity to learn more about the top universities!
Upper School Final Exam Schedule
Upper School families,
Next we begin our final exam process, with summer vacation on its heels! I know we are all excited, but we want to see your sons and daughters through next week with intentional focus. Included in this email is an exam schedule and a permission form that allows your student the opportunity to gain the college feel of independence during final exams.
Final exams are divided among the last four days of school, starting with this Friday. With your permission, students can come and go between exams. If a signed permission form is not turned in, students will not be permitted to leave; phone calls and emails will not be accepted. Students who remain on campus will be sent to study hall classrooms for accountability for the remainder of the school day. Lunch will be held in Faith Hall from 11:30-12:30 each day, and the cafeteria will close at 12:30. Lunch will not be served on Wednesday, May 25 since students are released at 12:15.
Friday – English & Science
Monday – Math
Tuesday – Foreign Language & Electives
Wednesday – Make Up Exams – Students are not required to report to school on Wednesday unless they need to make up an exam; teachers will communicate with individual students to coordinate make up exams.
Please note that Social Studies exams have already been administered in classes.
Permission forms should be turned in Mrs. Blackwell in the front lobby. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Download the permission form: Final Exam Checkout Permission Form May 2016
Final exam schedule: US Final Exam Schedule-May 2016
First Orlando – Class of 2016 Recognition
The Class of 2016 will be honored at First Orlando on Sunday, May 15 at 9:45am in Faith Hall Lakeside. All graduating seniors and their families are invited to breakfast (free for student, $5 for each additional guest). Seniors who wish to have their picture included in the handout must go to the Student Center to have their picture taken on Sunday, May 1 anytime between 9:30am-12:00pm. Click here for more details: FBCO Class of 2016 Recognition
For more information, contact Catherine de Armas: CatherinedeArmas@FirstOrlando.com
All library books are due back to the library by Friday, May 20th. Thank you for your consideration.
Summer AR Testing
Accelerated Reader will be turned off on Monday, May 23rd to allow time to set up the 2016-2017 school year. Summer AR testing will become available beginning Monday, June 6th. The library will not be open for testing over the summer, but students may take tests on iDevices via the AR app Monday through Friday from 9 AM-3 PM. If students don’t have their own iDevices, there will be iPads available for AR testing in the Lower School lobby. Students must be on campus logged on to either the TFA Guest or TFA wifi to take AR tests. All tests taken during the summer will apply toward the first quarter goal of the 2016-2017 school year. For further information, please click here: 2016 Summer AR Directions
AP Exam Reminders – May 2016
With your AP Exams starting next week, please be sure to plan accordingly!
- Remember that our AP Testing location will be at NOVA Southeastern Orlando Campus (you must be outside of the testing room by no later than 7:45 am for 8 am testing & 11:45 am for 12 pm testing)
- Address: 4850 Millenia Blvd, Orlando, FL 32839 (AP Music Theory & AP Spanish Lang will be administrated at TFA in the Upper School building)
- AP Testing room assignment details will be sent next week
- If you are taking two exams in one day, please pack your lunch!
- Cellphone/backpack rules: https://professionals.collegeboard.org/testing/ap/test-day/bring
- Calculator policy: https://professionals.collegeboard.org/testing/ap/test-day/calculators
- Dress code: Jeans and TFA Spirit-wear
Save the Date – End of Year Events
Rising Senior Parent Meeting (at least one parent is required to attend) – Saturday, May 14, 9:00am – Student Center
Senior Step Up – Monday, May 16, 7:00am – Faith Hall Parking Lot
Graduation Ceremony – Friday, May 20, 6:45pm – First Baptist Orlando Worship Center