IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 8: New Family Reception – Faith Hall, 5:00pm
- August 8: All Family Worship – Worship Center, 6:00pm
- August 8: Meet the Teacher – US building, 7:00pm
- August 9: TFA Day of Prayer
- August 10: First Day of School – Classes start at 7:50am
- August 10: Senior Service Day – Seniors wear senior shirts & meet in front of US at 7:15am to greet students
- August 10: Boo Hoo Coffee – Alumni Commons, 8:00am
- August 10: US Theater Parent Meeting (mandatory attendance if students are auditioning for fall musical) – US 102, 3:00pm
- August 11: Senior Retreat Mandatory Parent Meeting – Student Center 101, 7:30am
- August 11: Senior Retreat Student Breakfast – Student Center 101, 8:00am
- August 11: US on a Monday bell schedule (no chapel)
- August 11-13: Senior Retreat – Southwind, A Young Life Camp
- August 12: US on a Monday bell schedule (no house group)
- August 15: US Fall Musical Auditions – Black Box Theatre, 3:30-5:30pm
- August 16: Parent Volunteer Kick-Off Breakfast – Student Center 101, 8:15am
- August 16: US Fall Musical Auditions – Black Box Theatre, 3:30-5:30pm
- August 17: US Fall Musical Auditions – Black Box Theatre, 3:00-5:00pm
- August 18: US Curriculum Night – US Building, 6:00pm
- August 25: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:40am
- August 25-26: US Student Drug Testing – Gym Lobby; Schedule posted outside Ms. Gooseman’s office
- August 31: Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 9:30am
- September 1: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:40am
NEW THIS WEEK
US Fall Musical Parent Meeting & Auditions
All students who are interested in participating in our fall musical, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, must be present, with at least one parent, for a mandatory meeting on Wednesday, August 10 at 3:00pm in Upper School room 102 (Mr. Harvey). Ms. Levine and Mrs. Bynum will review audition procedures as well as the show schedule during this time. Remember, this meeting is mandatory if you plan to audition.
Auditions will be held August 15, 16, and 17 in the Black Box Theatre. Sign up sheets are posted outside the Black Box. Please come prepared to perform 16 bars of a song, as well as a 1-minute monologue.
Boo Hoo Coffee
One of our annual events on the first day of school is the Boo Hoo Breakfast. Many of you will be crying “boo hoo” while others may be shouting “yahoo!” Either way, join us right after drop off on Wednesday morning (the first day of school) in Alumni Commons for coffee, breakfast, and fellowship with other parents.
Student Drug Testing
All Upper School students will be drug tested August 25-26 during the school day. The schedule will be posted outside Ms. Gooseman’s office downstairs and Mr. Chambers’ office upstairs. Students should report to the Gym Lobby with their student ID at their designated testing time.
Gluten Free Options Available in the Cafeteria
Students with gluten sensitivities have a few options in our cafeteria. Please ask for Chefs Jaime, Greg or Emily for assistance. Options include gluten free pasta available daily as well as grab and go salads, grilled chicken and hamburger patties. There are also a few items on the menu that can be tailored to be gluten free.