IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 10: New Family Reception – Faith Hall Lakeside, 5:00pm
- August 10: All Family Worship – Worship Center, 6:00pm
- August 10: Meet the Teacher – US building, 7:00pm
- August 12: First Day of School – US building, 7:50am
- August 12: Boo Hoo Coffee (All Parents) – Library, 8:00am
- August 12: Fall Theater Mandatory Parent Meeting – MS Black Box Theatre, 3:00pm
- August 13: Senior Retreat Required Parent Meeting – Student Center, 7:30am
- August 13: Senior Retreat Student Breakfast – Student Center, 8:00am
- August 13-15: Senior Retreat – Hutchinson Island Marriott
- August 17: Fall Sports Parent Meeting – Gym, 6:30pm
- August 17-18: US Fall Play Auditions – MS Black Box Theatre, 3:30pm
- August 19: US Fall Play Callbacks – MS Black Box Theatre, 3:30pm
- August 20: MS/US Curriculum Night – US building, 6:00pm
- August 26: Volunteer Kick-Off Breakfast and Uniform Resale – Student Center, 8:15am
US Students Serve This Summer
Our students had busy summers filled with traveling, theater productions, college visits, athletics, vacations, working, and even studying! Some students fulfilled our mission of service before self by taking time out of their busy summers to serve others.
A group including TFA students Brooklyn Baker (5th), Nicole Cyr (11th), Anna Kate Horton (10th), Krystal Jimenez, Abby Lowder (12th), Ana Medina (11th), Maddi Messner (Class of 2015) traveled to Malawi, Africa in June. They served alongside Children of the Nations, whose goal is to raise each child with the knowledge that God created them and has a wonderful plan for their lives. The team, led by Jennifer Keltner, hosted soccer games as well as VBS and served in a crisis nursery.
Chelsea Han (11th) traveled to the Dominican Republic with the Harvest Ministry of the Korean Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The team spent 10 days partnered with a local church in the Santo Domingo area. They had the privilege of beautifying the church through manual labor and painting, assisting as they held VBS sessions (with upwards of 1,000 kids in attendance), door-to-door evangelism, and performing skits to bless the congregation at a number of services.
NEW THIS WEEK
Meet the Teacher
Please join us for All Family Worship at 6:00pm on Monday, August 11th in the newly renovated Worship Center, followed by Meet the Teacher at 7:00pm. Student schedules will be available for pick up in the Upper School front hallway. Supply lists will be provided by teachers in their classrooms.
Dear TFA Family,
Now is the best time to join the Fine Arts Network (FAN) parent organization designed to support the fine arts at TFA. Consider buying ad space in theatre playbills or concert programs this year; these are a great way to advertise your company or create “Break a Leg” messages for your student. Band parents, who attend home games during marching band season, will love our new package designed with them in mind.
Please take time to review the new FAN patron levels and choose the best one for your family. These are exciting days in the Fine Arts Department at The First Academy. We hope to see you at student performances and art exhibits this year. Let’s see our students perform, improve, grow, and excel this year. Go to https://thefirstacademy.org/arts/fine-arts/ to learn more.
Thank you for your support!
The FAN Board
Fall Theater Parent Meeting
Our fall theater parent meeting will take place on Wed, August 12 at 3:00pm in the MS Black Box Theatre. All students who plan to audition for the Upper School fall theater production or thespian districts must be present, along with at least one parent. Auditions will take place on Mon, August 17 and Tues, August 18 at 3:30pm in the MS Black Box Theatre. Callbacks will be held on Wed, August 19 at 3:30pm. More information will be provided at our meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Levine: email@example.com.
Our uniform provider is Dennis Uniforms. Items can purchased online or in store at 1101 N. Keller Road, Suite G-3 , Orlando, FL 32810. Students can purchase bottoms from other providers but they must be similar in style, color and length to Dennis Uniforms. PE uniforms can be purchased from the school store online or on campus, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:30am-12:00pm.