IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- September 16: US Coffee with the Principal – Library, 8:15am
- September 17: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:27am
- September 17: National Junior Honor Society Inductions (grades 7-9) – Henry Chapel, 9:30am
- September 18: AP Mannequin Live Exhibit – US Courtyard (between US and gym), 9:35am
- September 21: Christian College Fair – Faith Hall Lakeside, 6:00pm-7:30pm
- September 23: See You at the Pole – US flagpole, 7:00am
- September 23: Early Dismissal – 12:15pm
- September 23: Parent teacher conferences, scheduled per parent request – 1:00pm-3:45pm
- September 24: National Honor Society Inductions (grades 10-12) – Student Center, 9:27am
- October 1: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:27am
- October 6: College visit: Lynn University – US Lobby, before school
- October 5: Powder Puff Game – PSAC, 6:30pm-8:00pm
- October 8: US Chapel – Optional Worship – Student Center, 9:27am
- September 16: Rollins College – Gym Lobby, recharge
- September 22: Liberty University – Gym Lobby, recharge
- September 23: Auburn University – US Lobby, before school
- September 24: Elon University – Gym Lobby, recharge
- September 25: University of Alabama – US Lobby, after school
- September 29: University of Florida – Gym Lobby, recharge
- September 29: High Point University – US Lobby, after school
- September 30: Florida Atlantic University – US Lobby, before school
- October 6: Lenoir-Rhyne University – US Lobby, after school
- October 7: Birmingham-Southern College – Gym Lobby, recharge
- October 8: University of Massachusetts Amherst – US Lobby, before school
- October 8: Samford University – Gym Lobby, recharge
New Faculty Introduction: Mrs. Hoffman
By Grace Taylor, 10th
The First Academy has been blessed with an exciting new tenth grade English teacher, Mrs. Ashley Hoffman. While working at Disney World as Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jane from Tarzan, and Mary Poppins, Mrs. Hoffman met her husband Tim. He was the Prince during the show at the Cinderella castle while she was Cinderella. Mrs. Hoffman has one daughter, Lyla and a baby on the way! Mrs. Hoffman is grateful that God has chosen her as a mom and Lyla as a big sister. She describes being a new mom as the most challenging, best job in the world. Before joining the Upper School at TFA, Mrs. Hoffman taught at Ocoee High School for 3 years. What’s the best part about being a teacher? “Teaching allows me to be a motivating, positive person in students’ lives.” Mrs. Hoffman hopes to have a great impact on her 10th graders this school year.
NEW THIS WEEK
September 11th Remembrance
Please join us in a special recognition during the varsity football game this Friday, September 11th. Parents who are current or past members of EMS, law enforcement, fire rescue or military are invited meet on the track at Payne Stewart Athletic Complex at 6:40pm Friday evening as we honor their work and remember their colleagues who died on 9/11.
National Honor Society Induction
We are excited to induct new members into the National Honor Society on Thursday, September 24. Reminder: the induction process for new NHS members begins Second Semester. All eligible 10th and 11th grade students will be notified by Miss Damron, the NHS Advisor, through email in March. Current 10th and 11th grade students have not missed the NHS opportunity. Be sure to look for an email with more info in the spring.
Middle School/Upper School Carline
Right Lane is for drop off and pick up-Left Lane is for Leaving
All cars MUST pull up to the designated area (on the Student Center side) of the drive thru lane (we will utilize the entire loop). This will enable us to stack many more cars and get them off of the tennis area and JYP/PSAC roadways.
We will only permit drop off and pick up from the right lane. The left lane is for leaving.
The only exception pulling all the way to the designated point would be bad weather days.
This new procedure will begin on Monday, August 31st.
US Coffee with the Principal
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
8:15am – Boyd-Moline Library
All parents are invited to join Mr. Rose for coffee and a brief presentation about what’s going on in Upper School.
Please welcome Mrs. Ellen Stewart as our Upper School Front Desk Receptionist. Mrs. Stewart also handles attendance for MS and US students. If you need to report an absence or sign your student out early, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are expected to be in class before the bell rings. Please make every effort to get your student to school on time so they are in class and ready to learn at 7:50am.
Save the Date – Christian College Fair
Monday, September 21, 2015
First Baptist Orlando – Faith Hall
Order New Student ID Cards
US students are required to carry their ID card (prox card) at all times. Prox cards are used to enter the building and purchase lunch. Can’t find your card? Click here to order a new prox card.
Dear TFA Family,
Now is the best time to join the Fine Arts Network (FAN) parent organization designed to support the fine arts at TFA. Consider buying ad space in theatre playbills or concert programs this year; these are a great way to advertise your company or create “Break a Leg” messages for your student. Band parents, who attend home games during marching band season, will love our new package designed with them in mind.
Please take time to review the new FAN patron levels and choose the best one for your family. These are exciting days in the Fine Arts Department at The First Academy. We hope to see you at student performances and art exhibits this year. Let’s see our students perform, improve, grow, and excel this year. Go to https://thefirstacademy.org/arts/fine-arts/ to learn more.
Thank you for your support!
The FAN Board
Our uniform provider is Dennis Uniforms. Items can purchased online or in store at 1101 N. Keller Road, Suite G-3 , Orlando, FL 32810. Students can purchase bottoms from other providers but they must be similar in style, color and length to Dennis Uniforms. PE uniforms can be purchased from the school store online or on campus, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:30am-12:00pm.