IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR DECEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss.
- December 7: MS/US Chapel – Faith Hall, 9:25am
- December 8: US AP Environmental Science Field Trip – Animal Kingdom
- December 14: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- December 21: 12:15pm Dismissal
- December 22-January 8: No School – Christmas Break
- January 9: Students return to school
- January 11: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
NEW THIS WEEK
MS/US Chapel Recap 11/30
By Kaylie C. – Class of 2018
Last week, we were blessed to have Pastor Danny De Armas, Senior Associate Pastor of First Baptist Orlando, teach us from Mark 8 and John 2:3-5. He pointed out in Mark 8 that the disciples were worried about not having enough food while on the boat. Jesus replied to them by saying, “Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand?” This passage shows that the disciples were worried and didn’t realize how great Jesus was and that He will always provide for them. Pastor De Armas then questioned us by saying, “Why should we worry when we will always have Jesus to rely on?”
Pastor De Armas then showed in John 2:3-5 that Mary knew that the reason Jesus existed was for us. She didn’t question Him when they had no wine, instead she told the servants, “Do whatever He tells you.” A beautiful comparison he made during the service was that people today read scriptures and sing worship songs so often that they become mundane and we forget what Jesus did for us. He closed by challenging us to be like Mary, not the disciples and that we may never forget what Jesus did for each and every one of us. Jesus wants a personal relationship with you, He cleared you of your sins and paid your debt.
Check out this week’s edition of Raw Footage.
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Ms. Lyn Maxime, Upper School Receptionist. All Upper School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Ms. Maxime in the Upper School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Ms. Maxime concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.