IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER & DECEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss.
- November 12: Admissions Open House – 2:00-4:00pm – Invite a friend!
- November 20-24: No School – Thanksgiving Break
- November 30: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- December 5: Parent Assocation Meeting – Faith Hall room 301, 8:15am
- December 5: MS/US Winter Choral Showcase – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm
- December 6: Senior Recharge – Field House Lobby, 10:20am
NEW THIS WEEK
Click here to check out this week’s edition of Raw Footage.
Humanities Scholar Bowl
The First Academy Social Science Department is pleased to announce the Fifth annual Humanities Scholar Bowl. This contest will showcase our brilliant Humanities students and will provide an opportunity to highlight their achievement in a variety of subjects ranging from Human Geography, World History, European History, and American History to American Government. This competition provides all students from grades 9-12 the opportunity to compete for cash and scholarship prizes. In addition to the monetary prize recognition, at the conclusion of the Humanities Scholar Bowl name recognition and a certificate will be given to the top freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior participants. The following provides a timeline of information about the Humanities Scholar Bowl.
Tuesday, November 14th – Phase 1 of the competition will take place during your history class. All students will participate in a 50 question multiple-choice test that will assess the aforementioned subjects. The top students will advance to phase 2 of the competition.
January-February – Students moving to phase 2 of the competition will participate in the essay writing. Phase 2 will take place during the month of January-February. More details regarding phase 2 of the competition will be provided upon the completion of phase 1.
February through March – Finalists will continue preparation as needed for the Humanities Scholar Bowl, scheduled to take place during the US Chapel, on March 29th. Participants may see their respective history subject area teacher for further directions and tips on how best to prepare.
March 29th – Day of the Humanities Scholar Bowl- (Game Show Style) Each contestant will see the question and have a signaling device. The first student to signal in answers the question. Correct answers will add points, while incorrect responses will reduce points.
Scholarships & Awards
- $3,000 Scholarship to the first place student & $600 cash prize
- $2,000 Scholarship to the second place student & $300 cash prize
- $1,000 Scholarship to the third place student & $100 cash prize
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Ms. Lyn Maxime, Upper School Receptionist. All Upper School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Ms. Maxime in the Upper School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Ms. Maxime concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.