IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR OCTOBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- October 13: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- October 13: Wesley New Student Lunch – US room 102, 12:53pm
- October 14: 3W New Student Lunch – US room 102, 12:50pm
- October 19: PSAT Testing (grades 8-11) – US classrooms, 7:50am
- October 19: Senior Cap & Gown Picture – Henry Chapel, 8:00am
- October 19: Senior Thesis Defense – Student Center, 9:30am
- October 19: US House Competition (Lunch Provided) – 11:45am-2:40pm
- October 20: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- October 21: Homecoming Football Game – PSAC, 7:00pm
- October 22: US Homecoming Dance – TBD, 7:30pm
- October 27-29: US Fall Musical, Cinderella – Faith Hall, 7:00pm; purchase tickets here: https://thefirstacademy.org/arts/upper/theater/
NEW THIS WEEK
US Fall Musical – Cinderella
Come experience TFA‘s enchanted version of Cinderella, presented by our Upper School performers. Tickets will go on sale Friday, October 7th for $15 each and can be purchased HERE. Premium tickets are available for $30 for the Saturday show, which includes your ticket for show admission and a tea Party with Cinderella, the Prince, and friends! The pre-show tea party (5pm) is sure to excite and will feature tea and pastries, cast meet and greet, photograph with Cinderella, and a special souvenir. The show runs October 27th-29th at 7pm nightly, with the pre-show tea party at 5pm on Saturday.
Please direct any ticketing questions to email@example.com.
PSAT Testing – Wednesday, October 19
All of our 8th and 9th graders will be taking the PSAT8/9. For more information regarding this test, please visit the following link: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9/inside-the-test
All of our 10th and 11th graders will be taking the standard PSAT/NMSQT. For more information regarding this test, please visit the following link: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/inside-the-test
Here are some important reminders and tips to get ready for test day on Wednesday, October 19th:
Graphing and Scientific calculators are recommended for the test. A list of prohibited electronics for test day can be found at this link: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/taking-the-tests/test-day-checklist/approved-calculators
Bring two sharpened #2 pencils for the test, an approved calculator, and your best effort!
Students will be given all important information such as ID numbers on test day.
Here is a list of what NOT to bring on test day-
Any devices, including smartwatches, that can be used to record, transmit, receive or play back audio, photographic, text, or video content
Protractors, compasses, rulers
Highlighters, colored pens, colored pencils
Pamphlets or papers of any kind
Dictionaries or other books. There are no exceptions, even if English is not your first language.
Food and drinks, including bottled water, unless approved by the College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities.
The PSAT is a practice test for the official SAT. Please be aware that the PSAT does carry other special significance. The following things are important for each parent and student to know about the PSAT:
For Juniors, PSAT scores are used to determine all National Merit Semifinalists and Finalists.
- For ALL students, the PSAT score is used in conjunction with teacher recommendations for placement in Honors and AP level courses for the following school year.
Upper School Attendance
All emails regarding attendance can be sent to our receptionist, Lyn Maxime, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your student is arriving late, will be dismissed early or absent from school, please email Lyn at email@example.com.
Upcoming College Visits
Friday, October 14th
West Virginia Wesleyan College
Monday, October 17th
Thursday, October 20th