IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR SEPTEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- September 7: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- September 12: Student Portrait Day – Gymnasium, throughout the school day
- September 13-15: US Student Drug Testing
- September 14: MS/US Chapel – Worship Center, 9:25am
- September 18: Senior Lunch – Student Center, 1:05pm
- September 20: US Coffee with the Principal – Cramer Family Field House Lobby, 8:15am
- September 20: 12:15pm dismissal – parent/teacher conferences as requested by parents or teachers
- September 21: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:25am
- September 22: US AP Mannequin Exhibit – Alumni Commons, 10:20am
12th Grade English Classes
Senior English students in Mrs. Penny’s class have been studying the oldest English literature story ever written, Beowulf. Students were excited to learn about Beowulf’s super-human feats and enjoyed writing a resume for him and acting out the interview process with King Hrothar, as Beowulf “applied for the job” of killing the monster Grendel. The students did a great job and had fun learning about Anglo-Saxon traditions.
NEW THIS WEEK
Save the Date – US Coffee with the Principal
Upper School parents are invited to join Mr. Garry Sullivan, Middle & Upper School Principal, for coffee and light refreshments next Wednesday, September 20 at 8:15am in the Cramer Family Field House Lobby.
Student Picture Day
Student pictures will be taken on Tuesday, September 12. Order forms were sent home with students this week. To order online, visit mylifetouch.com and use picture day ID: FT207005Q1. Order forms should be sent in with the students on picture day. If you order online, it is not necessary to send in the form.
If you want to speak to representatives from these colleges, sign up in Naviance to speak to them when they’re on campus.
- 9/7: Mercer University and Rollins College
- 9/11: Boston University and Vanderbilt University
- 9/13: Florida Southern College
9/21: University of Alabama
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Ms. Lyn Maxime, Upper School Receptionist. All Upper School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Ms. Maxime in the Upper School office when they arrive at school. You may contact Ms. Maxime concerning your student being tardy or absent at 407-206-8630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WT Cafe – New Lunch Program
We are so excited to be partnering with WT Care for our school lunch program. Many of you were able to sample some of the offerings during New Family Orientation. The process for Lower School Instructions for registering your account and adding funds:
- Visit www.wtcafe.com
- A box should pop-up in your browser window with “Welcome to WT Cafe” at the top. In this window select your location, which is Orlando
- Once “Orlando” has been selected, click “Order Now” (located in a big red box on the right side of the page, at the top)
- Once on the next page, you will need to sign-up. Find the area labeled “Not A Customer? Sign Up” and click there
- Continue on, completing the required fields
- Once all of the fields have been successfully filled out, your registration will be complete and you will receive an email from WT Cafe with your login information
- You will need to follow the instructions provided in the email to login to your newly registered account, add funds, and view the menu. You can even sign up for Auto-Reload so you don’t have to worry about manually re-filling your account. As long as your account is funded, your student will come through the line and enjoy a fresh, delicious, made from scratch lunch!
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering in the classroom or chaperoning on a field trip.