IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR FEBRUARY & MARCH
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- February 19: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:35am – Speaker: Kyle Holden
- February 20: Senior Ski Trip Mandatory Parent Meeting – Student Center, 7:15am
- February 23: 13 Year Senior Lunch – Student Center, 12:35pm
- February 26: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:35am
- February 28: Central Florida College Fair – UCF Student Union, 11:00am
- February 28: Sweetheart Dance – Alumni Commons & Gym Lobby, 7:30pm
- March 5-6: WRaP Testing (grades 3-11)
- March 13: 12:15pm dismissal; end of 3rd quarter
- March 12-16: Senior Ski Trip – Breckenridge, CO
Our US band students had outstanding performances at the district FBA solo and ensemble festival this past weekend! The students received 8 superior & 7 excellent ratings. Three students will represent TFA at the State FBA Solo and Ensemble: Armand Woodley, Shaul Delgado and Scout Westerskov.
National Shakespeare Competition
Congratulations to Andrew Langford who won our school’s National Shakespeare Competition. He will represent TFA in the regional competition on Monday, February 23. Winners at the regional level earn an all-expenses paid trip to New York City to compete onstage at Lincoln Center.
National Merit Finalist
Congratulations to senior Melissa Slade who was selected as a National Merit Finalist. She is in the running for scholarships as one of only 15,000 finalists chosen throughout the nation.
NEW THIS WEEK
Lost and Found
Lost and found items are located on tables in the upstairs alcove above the lobby. Stop by to see if you have misplaced an item. Items that are not claimed by Friday will be donated.
Central Florida College Fair
Upper School Sweetheart Dance
When: Saturday, February 28, 7:30pm-10:00pm
Where: Alumni Commons & Gym Lobby
What to Wear: girls – casual dresses (within TFA dress code); boys – khaki pants & button down shirts
Desserts and refreshments will be served.
Tickets: $10 per person; click here to purchase tickets (Outside guests need to be approved by Mr. Bohner)
Half of ticket sales will be donated to the charity Love Unveiled.