We are so excited to partner with UCF to bring Dance Marathon to TFA, aka Royal-Thon! The 4th annual event was a huge success that raised more than $76,000 for Children’s Miracle Network and Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital in February 2022. All of the students and staff who were involved are so appreciative of everyone’s support. More than 800 Lower, Middle, and Upper School students danced in an effort to “Change Kids’ Health, Change the Future.”
Lower School students participated in Royal-Thon during the school day, learning the Morale Dance alongside Upper School Dance Marathon Committee leaders. Middle School students competed in a Just Dance Tournament. Then Upper School students celebrated the third annual Royal-Thon at Faith Hall.
The 5th Annual Royal-Thon will take place on Friday, February 24, 2023. Be sure to follow @TFADanceMarathon on Instagram for the latest updates.
How to Help
For more information on how we’re supporting Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, click here.
We need the support of TFA families and the community to make Royal-Thon 2023 an even bigger success. If you’re interested in helping Royal-Thon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in offering support in these areas:
- Silent Auction Items
- Vendor Contributions
- Pre-Event Support (Spirit Nights, Candy Grams, Coin Drive, etc.)
- Lower & Middle School Divisional Support
Kids Can’t Wait
Royal-Thon and the Dance Marathon movement is about students united to change kids’ health and change the future by raising the critical funds needed by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. We are passionate about making a difference for kids and families in our local communities. Kids can’t wait so neither should you.
- Children’s Miracle Network generates support and awareness for over 170 Children’s Hospital in North America, including Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital in Orlando.
- All of the support we collect for CMN stays in Orlando to help local kids.
- We partner with UCF’s Knight-Thon to support their Dance Marathon initiative. In 2021, K-12 schools, including TFA, raised more than $294,804 for Knight-Thon because of dance marathon events like Royal-Thon.
- Dance Marathon is more than just an annual event, it’s a national movement that culminates with a celebration featuring dancing, special events, moving Miracle Family testimonies and more.
- In it’s first three years, Royal-Thon has raised more than $145,500 for Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospital.
Return to this page throughout the year for more details on how and why we’re partnering with UCF, Dance Marathon & Children’s Miracle Network!
- Monday, Aug. 8
- Spirit Night to Support Royal-Thon: Chick-fil-A
- Following Meet the Teacher
- Millenia Chick-fil-A, 4181 Millenia Blvd, Orlando, FL 32839
- Tuesday, Sept. 13
- Spirit Night to Support Royal-Thon: Huey Magoo’s
- 3:00-10:00 PM
- 4693 Gardens Park Blvd #111, Orlando, FL 32839
- Friday, Sept. 23
- Lower School Fall Festival to Support Royal-Thon
- 12:15-2:45pm, Natalie Thomas Gym
- Friday, Sept. 30
- Royal-Thon Goal Reveal at Football Halftime
- Halftime, PSAC Football Field
- Friday, Oct. 28
- Dance Marathon Booth at Homecoming to Support Royal-Thon
- Booth Location TBD at Carnival & Game
- Tuesday, Nov. 8
- Schoolwide Skate Night to Support Royal-Thon
- Time TBD, Location TBD
- Dec. 12-16
- US Royal-Thon Christmas Spirit Week
- Activities during the school day
- Tuesday, Dec. 13
- MS & US Christmas Candy Cane Sales to Support Royal-Thon
- Wednesday, Dec. 14
- Schoolwide Christmas Movie Night to Support Royal-Thon
- Time TBD, at PSAC Football Field
- Wednesday, Jan. 4
- US Kick Ball Tournament to Support Royal-Thon
- 5:00-7:00 PM, PSAC Softball Field
- January 13-27
- Collection Drive to Support Royal-Thon: LS Cash & Coins Drive
- January 23 – February 1
- US Bundt Cake Sales to Support Royal-Thon
- Bundt Cakes will be delivered in mid-February
- February 13-14
- Valentine’s MS Candy Grams & US Carnation Sales to Support Royal-Thon
- February 21-24
- Middle & Upper School Royal-Thon Spirit Week
- Wednesday, Feb. 22
- Spirit Night to Support Royal-Thon: Chipotle
- Time TBD
- The Grove Windermere, 9100 Conroy Windermere Rd Ste 120, Windermere, FL 34786
- Friday, Feb. 24 – Royal-Thon
- LS: 8:00 AM – 2:45 PM (during specials), Natalie Thomas Gym
- MS: 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM, Field House
- US: 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Faith Hall
- Saturday, March 25
- Spirit Night to Support Royal-Thon: Day at the Farm