Spiritual Growth and Student Wellness
We believe the spiritual growth and emotional wellness of our students are foundational for a great school experience at The First Academy. The resources below have been curated as an easy resource for parents and students.
Click here to read more from Dr. Whitaker about Stress, Anxiety, and Depression: Caring for Students.
All of our Royals enjoy weekly chapel hearing from campus, First Orlando, and other local spiritual leaders. Read more about our Chapel program here.
Middle & Upper School Bible Studies
Looking for a way to get connected? Join a TFA Bible study. At The First Academy, we offer a number of Bible study groups throughout the week where students can join at any time.
Bible studies are offered at The First Academy to enhance the spiritual formation of the student. These informal gatherings are fun and relaxed, and are ideal for two-way communication. These student-led Bible studies not only provide information about the Bible, but lend themselves to application in a discussion format. It gives opportunities to grow in grace and biblical knowledge beyond the classroom with practical application. Many of these studies include student leadership opportunities to serve your classmates and the Lord. The leaders model how to study the Bible as well as inviting participants to interact. The adult facilitator ensures correct interpretation of passages as well as sharing relevant questions for students to think about and discuss.
Thank you for entrusting your family to The First Academy!
As part of our ongoing student wellness initiative, local counselors Holly Rockefeller and Madi Farrell led recent Parent University sessions. Watch the recordings and read their bios below.
- Watch Session 1
- Watch Session 2
- Counselor Bios & Contacts:
- Holly Rockefeller, LMHC, Holly has been a Licensed Mental Health Counselor since 2008 and has worked at First Counseling for over 10 years. Her primary areas of focus are anxiety, depression, healing from past traumas including sexual abuse, self-esteem, and relationship counseling. Contact Holly Rockefeller at First Orlando Counseling, HollyRockefeller@firstorlando.com and 407-375-9298.
- Madi Farrell, LMHC, Madi is a licensed Mental Health Counselor who specializes in working with young adults and teenagers who struggle with anxiety and low self-esteem. She also works a lot with clients who are adjusting to a new phase of life (like starting college, entering adulthood, grieving a break up, etc.) and issues pertaining to spirituality and meaning-making. Contact Madi Farrell at email@example.com and 407-900-1617.
- Click here for Spiritual Growth & Emotional Wellness Resources.
- Click here for additional Counselor Resources.
- Click here for more information on Summit Ministries.
We believe the spiritual growth and emotional wellness of our students are foundational for a great school experience at The First Academy. Click here to view our Gospel-Centered Wellness Indicators.