Written by Will Cohen, Athletic Director
As we begin competition for our fall sports teams at The First Academy, I would like to take a moment to thank our dedicated student-athletes, parents, coaches, faculty and staff, and passionate alumni for their continued support of our athletic programs. Your commitment is extremely valuable as we aim to provide life-changing spiritual, educational, and athletic opportunities at TFA.
Over the next few weeks, we are set to begin our fall sports season for our Upper and Middle School students in a very different world than ever before. As we begin to facilitate competition in our newly formed Citrus League, along with Bishop Moore Catholic, Lake Highland Prep, Montverde Academy, Trinity Prep, and Windermere Prep we will be following the following protocols:
- Spectator access into the Cramer Family Field House and the Payne Stewart Athletic Complex for competition will be limited.
- Masks and temperature checks will be required for all spectators.
- Social Distancing markers will be placed in the stands and common areas for spectators.
- Ticket Spicket will be our new mobile ticketing platform that will be required for entry at both home and away contests. We will share more information next week about this mobile ticketing system.
- Administrators (Principals and Leadership) will not be as visible at athletic events this fall as to make sure we have the maximum space for families to be able to attend.
All of these measures are extremely important and worth it, to help us begin and continue competition safely for our student-athletes. Sports are returning. They will look and feel different than you remember, but that is the beauty of athletics.
I look forward to sharing more details in the days ahead! Thank you for your partnership.