Fine Arts Families,
TFA Fine Arts has experienced major growth and as a result, additional offerings have been designed to enhance the progress of this programming. Efforts by administration, the COVID Response Team, Fine Arts staff, students, and families have collectively worked together to create new successes throughout the 2020 – 2021 school year thus far. The efforts of many not only allowed the academic courses to restart but also accomplished the following accolades within the Fine Arts Department during the fall semester.
Fall Semester Accolades & Opportunities
- AP Human Mannequin Exhibit
MS & US Art Exhibits
- Yearbook earned Gold Medalist Critique award from Columbia Scholastic Press Association
- RAW Footage
Completed a marching season by competing in a virtual competition where they:
- Received a straight Superior rating (Top score)
- Took 1st place in their category/2nd place in the overall competition
- Earned 1st place Percussion and 1st place Production
- Achieved 1st place Soloist (Sarah Smith)Awarded 1st place Drum Major in category / 2nd place overall (Benny Englund)
Auditions for All-State Choir:
- 24 video submissions with 4 qualifying for All-State Choirs
- Benny Englund (Senior) HS Mixed Ensemble
- Luiza Coutinho (8th) MS Mixed Ensemble Upper Choir
- Elizabeth Bryant (8th) & Taylor Hayes (7th) MS Treble Choir
- HS One Act – Superior rating
- HS Individual Events – 9 Superiors & 7 Excellents
- MS One Act – Top Honors & Superior rating
- MS Individual Events – 3 Superiors & 8 Excellents
- Paige Steppie (8th) Took top honors in the Solo Musical category receiving the highest score in the category
- HS State qualifiers include: Kinsey Campell & Matthew Melley (Duet Musical), Gabriel Aquliar (Monologue), Kinsey Campbell (Solo), Benny Englund (Solo), Jordyn Kinard (Solo), Jordyn Kinard (Monologue), Gabby Torres (Solo), Addie Cloud (Solo), Sloane Vines (Choreography), Faith DeBoom (Monologue), Dean Harvey (Monologue), & Matthew Melley (Solo)
- MS State qualifiers include: Paige Steppie (Solo), Ranie Ibanka & Elizabeth Bryant (Duet Scene), Gianna Hans & Madison Cospito (Duet Musical), Ava Curtis (Monologue), Ava Curtis (Solo), Taylor Hayes (Monologue) , Emma Holter (Monologue), Lydia Barrett (Solo), Mia Brian (Solo), Luiza Coutinho (Solo), & Marina Schmid (Solo)
Even with the amazing accomplishments listed above thus far, there is so much more coming for the Fine Arts in 2021! We are excited to share in and celebrate all of the wonderful opportunities that TFA Fine Arts has to offer with all of our families. We hope you can support and attend the events outlined below.
- Raku – 2/25 (Prep) & 2/26 (Firing)
Exhibits – 4/27-5/4 (Week 1 – AP, Week 2 – US, Week 3 – MS)
Winter Park Virtual Art Exhibit 3/19-3/21
- Yearbook Completion
- RAW Footage
- Annie – 2/4-2/6 – Live performance in Black Box
- Dolly – 4/22-4/25 & 4/29-5/1MS/US State Thespian (Virtual) – 3/17-3/20
- Applause Awards (Virtual & In-person elements) – 6/5
- All-State (Virtual) Over 3 Saturdays (Jan & Feb)
- LS is working towards a small ensemble style performance
- Own on-campus performance
- Select ensembles participating in A Night to Remember (Please see below)
Finally, the culmination of the 2020 – 2021 school year is a special community event entitled A Night To Remember. This Fine Arts Showcase will take place at Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center’s Frontyard venue on Thursday, May 6. This special event will include band, choir, and theater presentations as well as graphic imagery from our visual arts program. This will be a ticketed and sponsored event and more information is coming soon! If you are interested in being an event sponsor or providing a donation, please contact Gordon Snyder.
As you can see TFA Fine Arts is not only surviving but thriving, and we have only just begun!
Zephaniah 3:17 states, “The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will renew you in His love; He will exult over you with loud singing.”
We hope you can rejoice with us at these events as we celebrate the talents, abilities, and achievements of our incredible students. We look forward to continued success and growth in TFA’s Fine Arts Department!