Please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you don’t want to miss for August/September.
Aug 25 MS Chapel 9:30am- Faith Hall Stageside-
Sept 1 MS Chapel 9:30am- Faith Hall Stageside-Yvonne Englund/SGA Speeches
Sept 5 Labor Day- Teacher/Student Holiday- No School
Sept 6 Parent Association Meeting 8:15- Faith Hall 301
Sept 8 MS Chapel- 9:30am Henry Chapel-Speakers Dr. Whitaker/Mr. McGee
Sept 13 MS Portraits- Gym Lobby
Sept 14 MS Coffee with Principal-Black Box 8am-9am
Sept 15 NJHS Induction Ceremony- 9:30am Henry Chapel
Sept 22 MS Chapel- 9:30am Henry Chapel-Speaker Ruth Anne Davis
Sept 28 MS/US “See You At The Pole”- 7:15am US Loop
THINKS & THOUGHTS
E.C.H.O. stands for Every Child Has an Opportunity! It’s your student’s opportunity to grow and provides a home base for communicating here in the Magnificent Middle School! E.C.H.O. is your key (Did you hear that E.C.H.O.?) to communicating with your Magnificent Middle School Scholar. Let me E.C.H.O. that! It is your key (E.C.H.O) to communicating with your Middle School Scholar!
Here are the ABC’s of how E.C.H.O. can serve you and your student:
- Ask your student WHO their E.C.H.O. teacher is. That is vital information; let me encourage you to let that name E.C.H.O. in your mind. It will serve you well all year!
- Make-up work or testing can easily be arranged and completed during your student’s E.C.H.O. class.
- Inclement weather dismissal is always done through E.C.H.O. class.
7th Grade E.C.H.O. teachers:
- Dana Menz Room 156
- Jeff Rossemiessl Room 160
- Bette Gordon Room 153
- Becky Render Room 158
- Katie Taurisano Room 162
8th Grade E.C.H.O. teachers:
- Lindsey Hurlebaus Room 246
- James Grosshans Room 248
- Christy Requejo Room 259
- Yvonne England Room 250
- Shannon Rymer Room 252
Middle School Attendance
All attendance notifications and questions should be communicated directly to Mrs. Erin Blackwell, the attendance clerk for both the Upper and Middle School divisions. All Middle School students who are tardy to campus must check in with Mrs. Blackwell when they arrive at school. You may contact Mrs. Blackwell concerning your student being tardy or absent at (407)206-8630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Start & Dismissal Times
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 7:50am-3:15pm
Gluten Free Options Available in the Cafeteria
Students with gluten sensitivities have a few options in our cafeteria. Please ask for Chef Jaime, Greg, or Emily for assistance. Options include gluten free pasta available daily as well as grab and go salads, grilled chicken and hamburger patties. There are also a few items on the menu that can be tailored to be gluten free.
- Only Dennis or Sunshine uniform tops and bottoms are acceptable.
- Female skirts, skorts, and shorts must rest below mid-thigh while seated.
- Male shorts must be an appropriate length
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts may not be hemmed to an inappropriate length.
- Students must wear flat, closed-toed, closed-heeled shoes (heels, platform shoes, boots, sandals, etc., are not permitted).
Our goal with the uniform policy is for students to maintain a professional look while at school. We appreciate your understanding and partnership.
New Uniform Item Available
Want to stand out from the crowd? Dress blazers are now available for all 6th-12th-grade students (male & female). Step up your wardrobe game and come to school dressed to impress! Blazers can be purchased in person at the Dennis Uniform Store (1101 N. Keller Road, Suite G-3 , Orlando, FL 32810) or online here: http://www.dennisuniform.com/ONLStore/d-store-home.asp?pageitem=12&pagenumber=1&gn=2&sc=ETF&dis=20851816