At The First Academy, our athletes participate in programs that aim to both further their skill and glorify God through interactions with teammates, fans, officials, and opponents. The goal of TFA Athletics is excellence both in performance and in character so that athletes are best prepared for the next level with a strong spiritual foundation. The College Bound Athlete Recognition ceremony celebrates our student-athletes promising to participate in athletics at a National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) or National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) College or University in the United States. This is a momentous occasion in the careers of our student-athletes and one we truly enjoy celebrating with them. We know they will continue to build upon the legacy of outstanding character that has been instilled in them at The First Academy.
On April 17, 2019, we will host the final College Bound Athlete Recognition ceremony of the 2018-2019 school year. We will recognize the following four athletes:
- Meiyi Yan, Women’s Golf, NCAA DI Harvard University
- Chenar Brown, Baseball, Lake Sumter State College, NJCAA
- Bryce Fisher, Baseball, St. Petersburg College, NJCAA
- Emily Oerther, Volleyball, NCAA DI Penn State University
These individuals will be joining the additional five student-athletes from the class of 2019, listed below, who have also been recognized at ceremonies earlier this year.
- John Dubois, Men’s Golf – NCAA DI University of Florida
- Sophie Guo, Women’s Gold – NCAA DI University of Texas
- Tanner Pohl, Men’s Lacrosse – NCAA DII Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Nick Rojas, Men’s Golf, NCAA DII Rollins College
- Joseph Charles, Baseball, NCAA DI University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
The ceremony will begin promptly at 10:20 am on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, in the Cramer Family Field House. Please join us as we recognize and celebrate these outstanding individuals.