With the summer upon us, we wanted to make families aware of several different ways they can be a blessing to others. In the past, we’ve scheduled Wednesday Workdays on campus but starting this year we will be looking for ways to bless our community. Below you will find area organizations that offer a variety of ways for you and your family to serve this summer. We hope you will take advantage of one of these opportunities to give back to our community in Jesus’ name!
Second Harvest Food Bank
- They have almost daily opportunities to serve (See calendar HERE).
- Volunteers simply need to go to the site, register, and sign up for a slot.
- Volunteers must be 10 or older but 16+ does not require a chaperone.
- Mindy Ortiz (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the point of contact for groups (5 or more people).
Salvation Army Orlando
- They have many opportunities but we are recommending families help with lunch service for senior adults at William Booth Tower.
- This includes wrapping silverware, preparing coffee & tea, wiping tables & chairs, and sweeping or mopping. It may also include serving meals, helping seniors with walkers or wheelchairs with their lunch trays, and getting them a drink.
- Volunteers must be 16 or older and will need to fill out a volunteer application.
- Octavio Serano (407-423-8581) is the point of contact for volunteer application questions.
Orlando Union Rescue Mission
- There are a variety of ways to serve (prepare/serve meals, tutoring, etc.) but we recommend attending one of the volunteer orientations for more information.
- Volunteer orientations are:
May 9th @ 5:30pm
May 24th @ 9:30am
June 7th @ 9:30am
June 13th @ 5:30pm