IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR DECEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- December 2-7: US Fall Visual Art Exhibit – Library
- December 4: US Fall Visual Art-Meet the Artist-Hot Cocoa Reception – Library, throughout the school day
- December 7-11: Give Week
- December 10: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:28am
- December 10: Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 10:35am
- December 18: All School Christmas Program – Worship Center, 10:00am
- December 18: 12:15pm dismissal
- December 21-Janary 4: Christmas Break – No School – Offices Closed
- January 5: Start of 3rd quarter
Ceramics Students Participate in Raku Firing
The Upper School raku firing was a success! Students explored the ancient raku process with some modern day twists (like propane!). Each pot that came out of the kiln into the reduction was an exciting new creation awaiting reveal. Oohs and ahhhs were shared as different glaze effects developed. Along with the learning and creating, students enjoyed some other traditions connected with fire… such as grilling out burgers and s’mores!
NEW THIS WEEK
Community Service Opportunity
Haiti Shoebox Drive
Each year The First Academy students, families and staff raise hope and help for Haiti. Show your support this year by filling a box!
Volunteers are needed to help sort and pack the shoeboxes. Click here to sign up.
Important change: In lieu of sending in checks or money with your shoeboxes, please use this formstack to pay for shipping costs for each shoebox ($7 per box). Donations are also welcomed. Click here to submit payment.
Upper School shoeboxes are due on December 4. Remember, National Honor Society members are required to submit 2 boxes as part of the service requirement to maintain membership each school year.
Cafe on the Rock Schedule
Upper School students are permitted to order lunch from Cafe on the Rock according to this schedule:
Seniors: Mondays and Tuesdays
Juniors: Wednesdays and Thursdays
Sophomores: 1st and 3rd Fridays
Freshmen: 2nd and 4th Fridays
Students are required to order online here before 10:00am: https://www.orderstart.com/cafeontherock