IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR APRIL
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- April 4: US Marine Biology Field Trip – Sea World
- April 5: MS/US Combined Chapel – Student Center, 9:28am
- April 5: Alternative Lunch – Order here: https://thefirstacademy.org/about/lunch/
- April 6: Winning House Field Trip – Athanasius – Dave & Buster’s, 10:30am-2:30pm
- April 7: Coffee with College Advisors (Junior Class parents only) – Library, 8:00am
- April 7-8: US Spring Musical, Jane Eyre – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm – purchase tickets here: http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/
- April 9: Junior/Senior Prom – The Forbidden Forest – Disney’s Boardwalk Resort, 6:30pm-10:00pm
- April 13: US Spring Musical, Jane Eyre – Student Matinee – Black Box Theatre, 2:45pm- purchase tickets here: http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/
- April 14-15: US Spring Musical, Jane Eyre – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm – purchase tickets here: http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/
- April 14: US Senior Thesis Presentations – Student Center, 9:28am
- April 14: US Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 10:35am
- April 18: Senior Lunch – Back to Kindergarten – Student Center, 12:35pm
- April 19: MS/US Spring Chorus Concert, Cinemagic – Student Center, 7:30pm – purchase tickets here: http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/
- April 20: US & Senior Award Ceremony – Faith Hall, 9:00am
Band Students Compete at FBA State Level
While most students were enjoying spring break, several of our band students were competing at the Florida Bandmasters Association State Competition. These students had to earn high enough scores at the district competition to qualify for state. Their hard work paid off, and they did a great job representing The First Academy.
NEW THIS WEEK
Save the Date – End of Year Events
US & Senior Award Ceremony – Wednesday, April 20, 9:00am – Faith Hall
Senior Brick Laying Ceremony – Wednesday, April 27, 8:15am – US Parking Lot
Rising Senior Parent Meeting (at least one parent is required to attend) – Saturday, May 14, 9:00am – Student Center
Senior Step Up – Monday, May 16, 7:00am – Faith Hall Parking Lot
Graduation Ceremony – Friday, May 20, 6:45pm – First Baptist Orlando Worship Center
MS/US Chorus Concert – Cinemagic
Tickets are now on sale for “Cinemagic,” a fun show presented by the middle and upper school music department featuring all of your favorite songs from iconic movies! Come experience these movie moments on stage, as they are brought to life by our student performers. Enjoy the magic of movies such as “Rocky,” “James Bond,” “Titanic,” “Ghostbusters,” a variety of Disney classics, and many more. This show includes performances by Middle School Ensemble, Upper School Chorus, Upper School Musical Theatre, and various soloists and small ensembles. This is a fully staged production with many exciting effects and surprises; you do not want to miss this one night event!
“Cinemagic” will take place on Tuesday, April 19th in the Student Center at 7pm. Tickets can be purchased at http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/cinemagic for $10. This show is open seating, and doors will open at 6:30pm.
For questions, please email Cheryl Bynum at email@example.com.
Class of 2017 (Junior Class) Parents – Coffee with College Advisors
With the Senior year for your students right around the corner, come grab some coffee and ask questions in preparation for college applications! TFA Upper School College Advisors will be available on Thursday, March 31st and April 7th at 8 a.m in the library. Please sign up for either of the dates: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e4ea8af2ba13-coffee
We will be meeting with students in the English classrooms in April.
West Point Admissions Information Meeting
Students in grades 9-11 who are interested in West Point United States Military Academy are invited to attend an information meeting.
Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 6:00pm
US Army Reserve Center: 9500 Armed Forces Reserve Drive, Orlando, FL 32827
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, phone number and how many will be attending.
Visual Art Student Work on Display
Junior/Senior Prom 2016
You’re invited! The junior class welcomes all juniors and seniors to The First Academy’s 2016 Prom, The Forbidden Forest, Where Time Stands Still.
Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:30pm
Disney’s Boardwalk Resort: 2101 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Orlando, FL 32830
Purchase tickets here: https://thefirstacademy.org/academics/upper/student-life/dances/
Girls Self Defense Class
*Now open to grades 9th-12th*
We are hosting a one hour self-defense class on April 20th and May 11th. There are two time slots available each day and only 15 spots for each class. Sign up today by using the form stack below! The cost is only $25. Last year was our first year to hold the class. Our lead instructor was TFA mom and OPD Officer Karen Long. Since that first class Officer Long passed away with cancer. Beginning this year we have decided to honor her by naming the class in her memory.
Corporal and Master Police Officer Kevlon Kirkpatrick from the Orlando Police Department assisted Officer Long last year and will once again help introduce you to life-saving techniques useful in your everyday life. Learning self-defense is not something that should be optional, it could potentially save you! Come on out and learn how to defend yourself, things to look out for, and how to avoid negative situations.
Follow this link to register: https://tfa.formstack.com/forms/self_defense