IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR APRIL
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- April 14-15: US Spring Musical, Jane Eyre – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm – purchase tickets here: http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/
- April 14: US Senior Thesis Presentations – Student Center, 9:28am
- April 14: US Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 10:35am
- April 18: Senior Lunch – Back to Kindergarten – Student Center, 12:35pm
- April 18: US & Senior Award Ceremony Practice (seniors only) – Faith Hall, 1:45pm
- April 19: AP Test Pre-Administration – Faith Hall, 9:30am
- April 19: MS/US Spring Chorus Concert, Cinemagic – Student Center, 7:30pm – purchase tickets here: http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/
- April 20: US & Senior Award Ceremony – Faith Hall, 9:00am
- April 20-25: US AP Studio Visual Art Exhibit – Library, throughout the school day
- April 21: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:28am
- April 27: US Senior Brick Laying Ceremony – US Loop, 8:15am
- April 27: US Digital Cinema Awards Luncheon – US Band Room (210), 1:00pm
- April 27-May 2: US Spring Visual Art Exhibit – Library, throughout the school day
- April 29: US Spring Visual Art – Meet the Artist Lemonade Reception – Library, throughout the school day
- April 29: US Senior Chapel – Student Center, 9:28am
- April 29: US Senior Theatre Showcase – Faith Hall, 7:00pm
Congressional Art Competition Winner, Brooke Hill
The Upper School Fine Arts Department is pleased to announce Brooke Hill (12th) as 1st place winner of the Congressional Art Competition. Congressman Daniel Webster visited The First Academy on Tuesday to deliver the good news. As 1st place winner, Brooke’s art will be featured in the Capitol Tunnel in Washington, D.C. for one year, and she also receives an all expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C. to see her art displayed. More information about the competition: http://www.house.gov/content/educate/art_competition/ Congrats, Brooke!
NEW THIS WEEK
You’re Invited – US & Senior Awards Ceremony, April 20th
Please join us for our US & Senior Awards Ceremony next Wednesday, April 20th at 9:00am in Faith Hall. 9th-11th grade special recognition will take place from 9:00am-9:25am, and the senior awards portion will follow immediately after from 9:25am-10:30am. An email has been sent to all parents of 9th-11th graders who are receiving recognition. Select seniors are all receiving special recognition, then every senior will walk across the stage in cap and gown as recognition for their senior year. Please contact Mary Gooseman if you have additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AP Testing Location
Please note that all AP tests will be administered off campus this year at NOVA Southeastern University – Orlando Campus: 4850 Millenia Blvd, Orlando, FL 32839 (10 minutes away from TFA Campus). AP exams are scheduled by College Board and take place the first two weeks of May. An email with additional information was sent to all parents and students earlier this week. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact your AP teacher or College Advisor with specific questions.
Save the Date – End of Year Events
US & Senior Award Ceremony – Wednesday, April 20, 9:00am – Faith Hall
Senior Brick Laying Ceremony – Wednesday, April 27, 8:15am – US Parking Lot
Rising Senior Parent Meeting (at least one parent is required to attend) – Saturday, May 14, 9:00am – Student Center
Senior Step Up – Monday, May 16, 7:00am – Faith Hall Parking Lot
Graduation Ceremony – Friday, May 20, 6:45pm – First Baptist Orlando Worship Center
AP Testing Location
MS/US Chorus Concert – Cinemagic
Tickets are now on sale for “Cinemagic,” a fun show presented by the middle and upper school music department featuring all of your favorite songs from iconic movies! Come experience these movie moments on stage, as they are brought to life by our student performers. Enjoy the magic of movies such as “Rocky,” “James Bond,” “Titanic,” “Ghostbusters,” a variety of Disney classics, and many more. This show includes performances by Middle School Ensemble, Upper School Chorus, Upper School Musical Theatre, and various soloists and small ensembles. This is a fully staged production with many exciting effects and surprises; you do not want to miss this one night event!
“Cinemagic” will take place on Tuesday, April 19th in the Student Center at 7pm. Tickets can be purchased at http://thefirstacademy.ticketleap.com/cinemagic for $10. This show is open seating, and doors will open at 6:30pm.
For questions, please email Cheryl Bynum at email@example.com.
Girls Self Defense Class
*Now open to grades 9th-12th*
We are hosting a one hour self-defense class on April 20th and April 21st. There are two time slots available each day and only 15 spots for each class. Sign up today by using the form stack below! The cost is only $25. Last year was our first year to hold the class. Our lead instructor was TFA mom and OPD Officer Karen Long. Since that first class Officer Long passed away with cancer. Beginning this year we have decided to honor her by naming the class in her memory.
Corporal and Master Police Officer Kevlon Kirkpatrick from the Orlando Police Department assisted Officer Long last year and will once again help introduce you to life-saving techniques useful in your everyday life. Learning self-defense is not something that should be optional, it could potentially save you! Come on out and learn how to defend yourself, things to look out for, and how to avoid negative situations.
Follow this link to register: https://tfa.formstack.com/forms/self_defense