IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR AUGUST & SEPTEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- August 27-28: Student Drug Testing, grades 9-12 *students must have ID cards
- September 1: Make Up Student Drug Testing, grades 9-12 *students must have ID cards
- September 3: US Chapel – Senior Led – Student Center, 9:27am
- September 7: No School – Student/Teacher Holiday
- September 8: US Portraits – Gym
- September 10: US Chapel – House Meetings – Student Center, 9:27am
- September 16: US Coffee with the Principal – Library, 8:15am
- September 17: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:27am
- September 18: AP Mannequin Live Exhibit – US Courtyard (between US and gym), 9:35am
- September 23: See You at the Pole – US flagpole, 7:00am
- September 23: Early Dismissal – 12:15pm;
- September 23: Parent teacher conferences, scheduled per parent request – 1:00pm-3:45pm
- September 24: National Honor Society Inductions – Student Center, 9:27am
Students Review Important Information at First Assembly
Upper School students met during chapel time on Thursday, August 20 to review expectations. Here are a few reminders:
- Technology-students must bring iPads, fully charged, every day.
- ID cards-students must always carry their ID card.
- Dress code-students are issued one warning, and the second dress code violation results in demerits. Shorts must be a similar style, color, and length to the Dennis Uniform shorts. Uniform polos must be worn under all jackets and hoodies, and all outerwear must be from TFA.
- Attendance-students are allowed 7 unexcused tardies per semester to 1st period; on their 8th unexcused tardy to 1st period, demerits will be issued.
NEW THIS WEEK
Middle School/Upper School Carline
Right Lane is for drop off and pick up–Left Lane is for Leaving
All cars MUST pull up to the designated area (on the Student Center side) of the drive thru lane (we will utilize the entire loop). This will enable us to stack many more cars and get them off of the tennis area and JYP/PSAC roadways.
We will only permit drop off and pick up from the right lane. The left lane is for leaving.
The only exception pulling all the way to the designated point would be bad weather days.
This new procedure will begin on Monday, August 31st.
Check out this week’s Raw Footage.
US Coffee with the Principal
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
8:15am – Boyd-Moline Library
All parents are invited to join Mr. Rose for coffee and a brief presentation about what’s going on in Upper School.
Date Change – School Pictures
Please note that LS, MS, and US school pictures will be taken on Tuesday, September 8. Upper School students will report to the gym at assigned times to have their individual school pictures taken. Students must wear school uniforms and adhere to the dress code and grooming standards in the Parent Student Handbook.
Please welcome Mrs. Ellen Stewart as our Upper School Front Desk Receptionist. Mrs. Stewart also handles attendance for MS and US students. If you need to report an absence or sign your student out early, please email email@example.com.
Students are expected to be in class before the bell rings. Please make every effort to get your student to school on time so they are in class and ready to learn at 7:50am.
Save the Date – Christian College Fair
Monday, September 21, 2015
First Baptist Orlando – Faith Hall
Order New Student ID Cards
US students are required to carry their ID card (prox card) at all times. Prox cards are used to enter the building and purchase lunch. Can’t find your card? Click here to order a new prox card.
Dear TFA Family,
Now is the best time to join the Fine Arts Network (FAN) parent organization designed to support the fine arts at TFA. Consider buying ad space in theatre playbills or concert programs this year; these are a great way to advertise your company or create “Break a Leg” messages for your student. Band parents, who attend home games during marching band season, will love our new package designed with them in mind.
Please take time to review the new FAN patron levels and choose the best one for your family. These are exciting days in the Fine Arts Department at The First Academy. We hope to see you at student performances and art exhibits this year. Let’s see our students perform, improve, grow, and excel this year. Go to https://thefirstacademy.org/arts/fine-arts/ to learn more.
Thank you for your support!
The FAN Board
Our uniform provider is Dennis Uniforms. Items can purchased online or in store at 1101 N. Keller Road, Suite G-3 , Orlando, FL 32810. Students can purchase bottoms from other providers but they must be similar in style, color and length to Dennis Uniforms. PE uniforms can be purchased from the school store online or on campus, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7:30am-12:00pm.