IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR APRIL
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- April 5-7: US Spring Play, You Can’t Take It With You – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm (April 5-3:00pm matinee)
- April 8: Junior/Senior Prom – Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress – 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- April 12: Senior Recharge – Alumni Commons, 9:30am
- April 13: Senior Thesis Presentation – Student Center, 9:35am
- April 14: No School – Good Friday
- April 17: No School – Easter Monday
- April 18: Parent University – Digital Citizenship – Field House, 8:15am
- April 18: Senior Lunch – Student Center, 12:50pm
- April 18: US Awards Ceremony Rehearsal (Seniors Only) – 1:45pm
- April 19: US & Seniors Awards Ceremony – Faith Hall, 10:00am
- April 21: AP Pre-Administration Session (all AP students) – Faith Hall, 9:35am
- April 21: Visual Art Lunch & Awards Ceremony – Student Center, 12:50pm
- April 21: MS/US Choral Concert – Faith Hall, 7:00pm
Humanities Scholar Bowl
The First Academy Upper School showcased the Fourth-Annual Humanities Scholar Bowl Thursday, March 30th. This competition features a game show style presentation of questions ranging from AP World History, AP European History, AP US History and AP US Government. The brilliant finalists included Caitlin B., Jessica M., Melanie P. and Gabriel P. Congratulations to Caitlin for Honorable Mention, who received a $50 cash prize. Followed by Melanie who took third place and received a $1,000 Scholarship and $100 cash prize. Jessica placed second and received the $2,000 Scholarship and $300 cash prize. And, the grand prize belongs to Gabriel who earned the $3,000 Scholarship and $600 cash prize. The Social Science Department is very proud of all of the finalists who participated this year.
SBACS Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the Class of 2017’s Lauren Connell and Jessica Meena on being awarded scholarships from the Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools! Out of the 59 finalists from 23 member schools in the country, 19 students were selected!
Senior Thesis Presentation Finalists
Congratulations to these five seniors who were selected as the winners from their classroom presentations. They will compete next Thursday, April 13 at 9:35am in the Student Center.
Sarah Beth Spraggins
NEW THIS WEEK
Save the Date – Alex Chediak Parent Event
Author Alex Chediak is speaking to Upper School students in chapel on Thursday, May 11th. Following chapel, we are hosting a Lunch & Learn for parents.
Thursday, May 11 at 12:00pm
$10 per person – includes lunch – sign up via formstack on the website
National Christian High School Choir NYC Trip – Informational Meeting
The National Christian High School Choir is a combination of students from Christian high schools from all over the country. They perform in Carnegie Hall in New York City every other year. The choir has had anywhere form 150-300 student singers, and it is directed by Dr. Thomas Council, who currently serves as the director of the music department and Dean of Professional Studies at Toccoa Falls College.
NYC trip: April 20-24, 2018
Carnegie Hall performance: April 23, 2018
Approximate cost: $2,200 (includes airfare, hotel, rehearsal expenses, food, entrance into Carnegie Hall and 2 Broadway shows)
*Must be able to sing and willing to attend rehearsals throughout next school year to learn the music
Want to get more info? Join us for an informational meeting on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 5:00pm in the Black Box Theatre
Questions? Please email Don Baker at email@example.com
Prom – Fire & Ice
Juniors and Seniors are invited to Prom 2017, Fire & Ice!
Saturday, April 8, 2017
6:00pm – 10:00pm
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress at 1 Grand Cypress Blvd, Orlando, FL 32836
Click here to purchase tickets.
Please remember that if you plan to bring a guest who is not a current TFA student, they must currently be in high school or a TFA alum. You must fill out the Outside Guest form that you can download from the above link.
All dresses (including TFA students and outside guests) must be submitted for approval using this link.