IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR MAY
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- May 4: Monday Bell Schedule
- May 5: US Half Day Bell Schedule; US House Carnival – Student Center, 12:15pm
- May 6: Rising Senior Parent Meeting – Student Center, 9:00am – mandatory for all Class of 2018 parents
- May 8: AP Biology Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 9: AP Calculus AB Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 9: AP Calculus BC Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 10: AP English Lang Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 11: AP World History Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 11: AP Statistics Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 12:00pm
- May 11: Parent Event – Lunch & Learn with Alex Chediak – Student Center, 12:00pm – Click here to sign up
- May 12: AP Human Geography Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 8:00am
- May 12: AP European History Exam – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus, 12:00pm
- May 15: Senior Step Up – Faith Hall Parking Lot (Bruton Blvd side), 7:00am
- May 15: Latin Awards – Black Box Theatre, 3:30pm
- May 16: Graduation Practice – First Orlando Worship Center, 1:00pm (seniors); 2:00pm (juniors)
- May 18: US Monday Bell Schedule – no chapel
- May 19: Final Exam – English – 9:00am
- May 19: Final Exam – Science – 1:00pm
- May 19: Graduation Ceremony – First Orlando Worship Center, 6:45pm
Upper School Art Principal’s Awards
Congratulations to the following students for receiving The First Academy Principal’s Awards!
Our awesome Principal, Mr. Sullivan, visited the Upper School Visual Art Exhibit and would like to acknowledge several students for the following works:
For AP Studio Art 2D: Jiuwell S. for her Colored Pencil ‘Noodle’
For AP Studio Art 3D: Jaclynn K. for her Ceramic ‘Claddagh’
For 2D Art: Grace G. for her Acrylic Self Portrait
For 3D Art: Madison K. for her Flower Head
NEW THIS WEEK
US Final Exam Schedule
Upper School families,
We are quickly approaching the end of the school year. Included in this email is an exam schedule and a permission form that allows your student the opportunity to gain the college feel of independence during final exams.
Final exams are divided among the last four days of school, starting on Friday, May 19. With your permission, students can come and go between exams. If a signed permission form is not turned in, students will not be permitted to leave TFA campus. Students who remain on campus will be sent to study hall classrooms for accountability for the remainder of the school day. Lunch will be held in Faith Hall from 11:30am – 12:30pm each day, and the cafeteria will close at 12:30pm.
Final Exam Days:
Friday, May 19: English & Science
Monday, May 22: Social Studies & Foreign Language
Tuesday, May 23: Math & Make-Up Exams
Wednesday, May 24: Teacher Grading & Make-Up Exams. Students are not required to report to school on Wednesday, May 24 unless they need to make up an exam. Teachers will communicate with individual students to coordinate make-up exams.
Permission forms should be turned in Ms. Maxime in the front lobby.
AP Exam Info
All AP exams will be administered at Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus: 4850 Millenia Blvd, Orlando, FL 32839
AP EXAM 2017 Testing Rooms – students are encouraged to report 15 minutes early so they can find their assigned room; they must be in the correct room to test.
Save the Date – Alex Chediak Parent Event
Author Alex Chediak is speaking to Upper School students in chapel on Thursday, May 11th. Following chapel, we are hosting a Lunch & Learn for parents. All TFA parents are invited!
Thursday, May 11 at 12:00pm
$10 per person – includes lunch – Click here to sign up!
Coast to Coast College Tour
Monday, May 15th at 7pm
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World
6677 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, Fl 32821
Come speak with Representatives from Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, University of California, Berkeley, and Vanderbilt University
Register at: www.coasttocoasttour.org