IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- November 11: Football Regional Semifinal Game – PSAC, 7:30pm
- November 13: Admissions Open House – TFA, 2:00pm – Invite a friend!
- November 15: Parent Association Uniform Resale – LS 213, 7:45-9:30am
- November 15: 10th Grade Guidance Meeting – Black Box Theatre, 9:35am
- November 15: Thespian Showcase – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm
- November 17: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- November 17-19: District Thespian Competition – Dr. Phillips High School
- November 21-25: No School – Student/Teacher Holiday – Thanksgiving Break
- November 28: Students return to school
- December 1: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- December 2: Peace on Earth – MS/US Choral Concert – Faith Hall, 7:00pm – Purchase tickets here
National Signing Day
NEW THIS WEEK
Bishop Wiggins Speaks in Mr. Kowars’ Classes
11th Grade Guidance Meeting
TFA’s Class of 2018 had a chance to learn more about the college admissions process and important to-do’s for the school year. Thank you to the College Guidance Department, Florida Southern College and the University of Alabama for sharing great information! For more information on the college planning, click here to view the College Newsletter.
MS/US Choral Concert – Peace on Earth
Join us for a special Christmas music event that celebrates the birth of Christ and offers peace and hope for everyone. Featuring Christmas songs from a variety of cultures, this concert will promote unity and harmony during this special season. Come enjoy music from students in our Middle and Upper School music programs for a night you will not forget! Click here to purchase tickets.
US Chapel Recap – November 3
By Kyle H., Chaplain
Last week in chapel was a joyfully empowering one. The morning began with passionate worship praising Jesus for his unrelenting faithfulness. There is something so igniting to a Believer when joined in community with fellow high schoolers in the midst of a similar time in life. Throwing all worry and busyness aside, I was encouraged to slow down and thank Jesus for who He is and HIS plan for my day.
Transitioning to the message, we began a new series called Through Your Eyes, where a teacher will share their journey in life and how God changed them. David Oliver spoke this week on his journey through life and encouraged everyone to seek Jesus above all else. Coach Oliver expounded on how his great success in sports therapy with the Olympics and Orlando Magic was not enough to satisfy him. The moment he realized his need for Jesus everything changed and now he is teaching and coaching at TFA with a redefined purpose and even greater success through a heavenly lens. This chapel, I was thoroughly encouraged to push through my week and seek Jesus above all else!
We’re excited to share that our school now has access to an extensive video library called RightNow Media. It’s the “Netflix of Video Bible Studies” and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, iPad, computer, or at home on your TV.
The best part is that every TFA family can access this service for FREE! If you haven’t already received your invitation to register please let us know you’d like to get your FREE access by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that RightNow Media is a blessing to you and your family. Check out the link below for a sample of the content. Thank you for partnering with us!
No Shave November
During November, students can purchase a No Shave November wristband for $15.00 and let their beads grow all month to help support local cancer research. In addition, sponsors may join in on the fun by sponsoring their favorite guy at $10.00 each. This is a great way for everyone to get involved and support male cancer research. Awards will be given for the Best Student Beard and Most Sponsored Beard. The two winning students will be allowed to keep their beards through the end of the semester!
Faculty can participate too. Students can sponsor their favorite teacher for $10.00 each. The faculty member with the most sponsors will be awarded a donut part for him and his sponsors during Royal Recharge.
Wristbands can be purchased from Mrs. Penny (US room 110).
US Shoebox Collection for New Missions
Upper School is aiming for 5 boxes per mentor group.
- Shoeboxes are due by November 14th to Mrs. Malone’s Office
- If you complete a box on your own, you will get ONE service hour
- You must pay for the shipping; details in the flyer and on the website: shoeboxdrive.com
- Boxes completed in mentor groups will count toward 5 house points per box
Upper School Attendance
All emails regarding attendance can be sent to our receptionist, Lyn Maxime, at email@example.com. If your student is arriving late, will be dismissed early or absent from school, please email Lyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.