IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR SEPTEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- September 8: US Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- September 13: US Student Portraits – Gym, follow schedule posted outside Ms. Gooseman’s office
- September 15: US Chapel – Homecoming Fashion Show – Student Center, 9:33am
- September 19: Christian College Fair – Faith Hall, 6:00-7:30pm
- September 20: Parent Association Uniform Resale – Student Center room 112, 7:30-9:30am
- September 21: US Coffee with the Principal – Alumni Commons, 8:15am
- September 21: US 12:15pm Dismissal
- September 21: Parent/Teacher Conferences – as requested by parents or teachers
- September 23: US Senior Lunch – Student Center, 12:50pm
US Student-Led Prayer & Worship
Students and faculty are invited to join us for student-led prayer & worship each Friday morning at 7:15am in the Alumni Commons. This has become a special time of praying over our school and ending the week in worship.
NEW THIS WEEK
Homecoming Theme Announced
By Chelsea H.
This past Tuesday, the Big 5 (house leaders) welcomed back students from their long weekend with the Homecoming theme announcement! The Homecoming theme for this year is “Hoco Music & Dance Fest.” Bailey, Chelsea, Hamilton, Cassi and Caitlin spent their Labor Day at TFA decorating the lobby, and they each donned Music Fest themed apparel as they greeted students and gave out wristbands that served as invites. After weeks of developing and brainstorming this theme, the Big 5 were ecstatic to finally share the theme with the rest of the school, which was met with an overall positive reaction from the student body. Mark your calendars! US Homecoming is Saturday, October 8 at 7:30pm in the Student Center.
Picture Day – Tues, Sept 13
This coming Tuesday, September 13th is Picture Day. Upper School students are taking pictures in grade order beginning at 11:30am and will continue through 3:00pm (see attached schedule). Students will report to the gym at their assigned time.
Dress Code Reminders
- Students must wear TFA uniform polos; spirit wear and outwear are not permitted in pictures.
- Guys must be groomed according to the Parent Student Handbook guidelines; pictures will not be taken if their hair is too long or they have facial hair.
Order forms were given to students today (Friday). You may also use your credit card to order by following the instructions below:
- Click here to visit the Lifetouch website
- Follow the online directions using Portrait/Picture Day ID: PM016025Q1
- Print the online receipt or write online payment code on order form
- Send in completed order form or online receipt with your student on Tuesday, September 13th; they will give their order form to the photographer
New Upper School Receptionist
Please help us welcome Lynouse “Lyn” Maxime, our new Upper School Receptionist. Lyn is a proud graduate of Florida State University and Kaplan University; she also has a son in TK here at The First Academy. We are excited to have her on our team.
Please direct all attendance emails to Lyn at email@example.com.
Parent Association Uniform Resale
The next uniform resale is scheduled for Tuesday, September 20 from 7:30am-9:30am in the First Baptist Orlando Student Center, room 112.
Important Update Regarding our Uniform Exchange Policy: The Parent Association sponsored uniform exchange ministry has been a tremendous blessing to our TFA family. Thank you for participating! Because students must wear Dennis Uniform pieces exclusively in 2017-18, Sunshine Uniform pieces will not be accepted for an exchange credit this year. We welcome donations of used Sunshine pieces, but cannot offer an exchange credit as these items will be phased out completely in 2017-18. We will, however, be offering normal exchange credits for Dennis Uniform pieces. This will help us increase our supply of Dennis Uniforms and enable us to continue our ministry. Thank you for supporting the uniform exchange.
Parent/Teacher Conferences on September 21
On September 21, US students are dismissed at 12:15pm. This allows time for parents to meet with teachers in the afternoon. Conferences are only set up at the request of either the parent or the teacher; if you feel the need to meet with your student’s teachers, please reach out to them directly to schedule a meeting on September 21.
Upper School Severe Weather Dismissal Form
As a reminder, students are not permitted to leave at dismissal while we are under a lightning alert unless they have a form on file. Click here to download the form: US Severe Weather Dismissal Permission Form
This form is only sufficient for dismissal time (TVA, early dismissal seniors, early dismissal for an appointment or another reason with parent permission, and everyone else at normal dismissal time). If we are under lightning alert throughout the day, students will still be held in the building until the lightning alert clears.
Thanks for your understanding as we aim to keep our students safe.
Upcoming College Visits
Save the Date – Christian College Fair
Cafe on the Rock Student Ordering Schedule
US students can order from Cafe on the Rock according to the following schedule:
Students may not eat in the Cafe on the Rock area unless accompanied by an adult. Orders must be placed by 10am using this link: https://www.orderstart.com/cafeontherock