IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR APRIL
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- April 16-18: US Spring Play, Promedy – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm (click here to purchase tickets)
- April 16: Senior Thesis Presentation – Student Center, 9:35am
- April 20: Senior Lunch – Student Center, 12:35pm
- April 20: Upper School & Senior Awards Ceremony Practice (senior students only) – Faith Hall Stageside, 1:30pm
- April 20: US House System Parent Meeting – US Band Room, 7:00pm
- April 22: Upper School & Senior Awards Ceremony (for grades 9-12) – Faith Hall Stageside, 9:00am
- April 22-May 1: AP Visual Art Portfolio Exhibit – Library
- April 23: Humanities Scholar Bowl – Student Center, 9:35am
- April 23-25: US Senior Showcase – The Odd Couple – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm; matinee, April 25, 2:00pm (click here to purchase tickets)
- April 28: MS & US Fine Arts Spring Concert – Faith Hall Stageside, 7:00pm
- April 29: Senior Brick Laying Ceremony – US Parking Lot/Flagpole, 8:15am
- April 30: US Chapel – Speaker: Zach Van Dyke – Student Center, 9:35am
- April 30: 6-12 Steel Drum Concert – Alumni Commons/Gym, 6:30pm
Jennifer Prendergast & Courtney Zeng Sign Letters of Intent
Congratulations to Jennifer Prendergast (12th) and Courtney Zeng (12th) of the Lady Royals Golf team. Jennifer will play for Lynn University, and Courtney signed to play at Vanderbilt University. Congrats to our college-bound athletes!
Mr. & Miss TFA
Congratulations to Drew Goin & Abby Brady, our 2015 Mr. & Miss TFA. Students were asked to choose their representatives based on the following character traits:
- Integrity – Consistently choosing the purity of truth over popularity
- Encouragement – Love and compassion put into action
- Reliability – Diligent in carrying out tasks, trustworthy
- Loyalty – Committed to friends, family, school and God
- Leadership – Sets a good example, stands up and/or stands apart from others
- Respectfulness – Honors people, property, and thinks of others before self
NEW THIS WEEK
US House System Parent Meeting
All Upper School parents are invited to a House System informational meeting next Monday, April 20 in the US Band Room (room 210). This meeting should last no more than 45 minutes.
US Final Exam Schedule
Tuesday, May 19
9:00am – 11:00am: English
1:00pm – 3:00pm: Science
Wednesday, May 20
9:00am – 11:00am: Math
Thursday, May 21
9:00am – 11:00am: Social Studies
1:00pm – 3:00pm: Foreign Language
Friday, May 22
9:-00am – 11:00am: Electives & Make Up Exams
Students will only be required to be present for exams, although study halls will be made available during regular school hours. If a student is not taking an exam, then they must be in a study hall if they are on campus. All exams will be administered in the US building in various classrooms. The dress code will be spirit wear, to include standard uniform footwear and belts. Students need to arrive at their exam 10 minutes prior to the start.
Upper School & Senior Awards Ceremony
All parents are invited to attend the Upper School & Senior Awards Ceremony next Wednesday, April 22 at 9:00am in Faith Hall. Please join us as we recognize academic achievements and celebrate our seniors.
Upper School Theatre presents Promedy and The Odd Couple
Check out our Upper School students actors presenting a story they’re very familiar with, revolving around the excitement and drama of Promedy. All shows are scheduled for 7:00pm in our very own Black Box Theatre. Click here to buy tickets for Promedy.
You’re invited to our TFA Senior Showcase, The Odd Couple. Our senior theater students, along with help from the underclassmen, are excited to participate in this retelling of the classic Neil Simon play. Shows are scheduled for April 23-25 at 7:00pm, with an additional 2:00pm matinee on Saturday, April 25. Click here to purchase tickets.
Visual Art Student Work Featured in Exhibit
Art from our Middle and Upper School Visual Art students will be featured in the Windermere Spring Fest. This free event is scheduled for Saturday, April 18 at The Pines at Windermere (3409 Maguire Road in Windermere, Florida 34786). More info: http://www.windermereevents.com/schedule/student-art-show/