The First Academy Admissions Wait Pool
The First Academy has been blessed with growing enrollment. We value our ‘right size’ approach with small class sizes, student to teacher ratios, and scheduling flexibility. There is a predetermined classroom capacity for every grade level in our school.
With a large number of prospective students each year, the number of applicants can exceed the number of seats available in a designated grade level for the current or upcoming school year. Our goal is to maintain optimal class size in each grade level and the wait pool process helps to achieve this goal. The First Academy’s wait pool is an unranked group of students who have been accepted to The First Academy, and who we prayerfully hope will be able to join our school family.
While seats may become available anytime throughout the school year due to life changes (moving, etc), there are key time frames to note in the wait pool process.
- March – The enrollment change period for current families for the upcoming school year ends in February. Wait pool families can typically expect to be notified of grade level openings beginning in March for the upcoming year.
- April – The first tuition payment for the upcoming school year is due in early April. Grade level openings may also occur immediately following the first tuition payment cycle.
We will keep families in the wait pool posted if spaces become available. Please note that we always welcome students to reapply next season if we have not been able to offer them admission from the wait pool.
The First Academy has developed the following process for any family pursuing enrollment in a grade level that is nearing or currently at enrollment capacity:
- After a personal tour on campus, applicants must complete the Admissions application process, including testing.
- Upon acceptance in a wait pool status grade, families have three business days to confirm being added to the wait pool for a specific grade level.
- If a seat opens in the grade level, families will be notified via email and phone. Families will have 48 hours to enroll before the seat is offered to another family in the wait pool.
- Families in the wait pool receive the same non-discrimination status as all families in our school. This statement reads, “The First Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school-administered programs.”
Please contact the Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any wait pool questions or needs.