International Admission FAQs

International Admissions Frequently Asked Questions

Does TFA accept international students?

The First Academy does accept international students. International students applying to The First Academy follow the same admissions criteria as domestic students. All students must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently. Please visit our Admissions Criteria page for more information on TFA’s Admissions criteria.

Our Admissions Department is available to speak with you regarding International Admissions. Please contact or call 407-206-8602.

Do you require Admissions testing?

Applicants 2 years old through Grade 2 are required to take in-house admission screening or testing at The First Academy. Applicants for Grades 3 through 12 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) proctored at The First Academy. There is a cost of $125 for Grades 3-4 and $155 for Grades 5-12. Students applying for 8th -12th grade may be required to take an English Proficiency Test (Duolingo). The cost of the English Proficiency Test is $59.

What are the international student fees?

International student families are required to pay a $500 International Student Program Fee for Preschool students. The International Fee covers the cost of processing international applicants, their documentation, and the onboarding process.

Tuition and fees are due upfront and in full upon enrollment for students in Kindergarten Prep 4 through 12th grade.

Can I receive tuition assistance as an international student?

International students are not eligible to receive need-based tuition assistance from the school or qualify for payment plans.

Does TFA board or assist with homestays?

TFA does not offer boarding. International students are required to reside with a parent legally living in the Central Florida community.

How do I receive an I-20?

Once enrollment is complete and tuition/fees are paid, The First Academy’s Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) issues your student an I-20, which will allow you to formally request an F-level visa for your student. I-20 information is requested prior to the Admissions decision.

 Please note that The First Academy does not issue I-20/F-1 Visas for Preschool students.

I already have an I-20. How do I transfer my I-20 to TFA?

Once enrollment is complete and tuition/fees are paid, The First Academy’s Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) will work with a school official from the student’s current school to transfer the I-20 to TFA.

What type of visa do I need to study at TFA?

The First Academy accepts international students in possession of a green card or seeking to apply and obtain an F-level visa. Both circumstances are dependent on a parent having an appropriate visa.

Does TFA partner with international agencies?

The First Academy may work with agents representing families and their students. The First Academy is not a commission-based entity for international agents.

Can international students play sports at The First Academy?

Yes, international students are welcome to play sports at The First Academy. The FHSAA office reviews non-US Citizens before the student may participate in an athletic contest. To learn more about this process click here or call 407-206-8696.