IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR APRIL
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- April 20-21: MS/US Choral Concert – Faith Hall, 7:00pm – Click here to purchase tickets
- April 21: AP Pre-Administration Session (all AP students) – Faith Hall, 9:35am
- April 21: Visual Art Lunch & Awards Ceremony – Student Center, 12:50pm
- April 25: Spring Band Concert – Faith Hall, 7:00pm
- April 26: National Spanish Honor Society Induction Ceremony – Black Box Theatre, 6:00pm
- April 27: Friday Bell Schedule
- April 27: US Coffee with College Advisors (Junior Parents) – Field House Lobby, 8:00am
- April 27: US Digital Cinema Awards (Parents Invited via Email) – US room 210, 1:00pm
- April 27: 6-12 Steel Drum Concert, Grades 6-12 – Alumni Commons, 6:30pm
- April 28: Thursday Bell Schedule
- April 28: Senior-Led Chapel – Student Center, 9:33am
- April 28-29: Senior Theater Showcase, Songs for A New World – Black Box Theatre, 7:00pm – Click here to purchase tickets
- May 1-12: AP Exams – Nova Southeastern University Orlando Campus – Click here to see view the AP exam schedule
- May 4: Monday Bell Schedule
- May 5: US House Carnival – Student Center, 12:oopm
- May 6: Rising Senior Parent Meeting – Student Center, 9:00am – mandatory for all Class of 2018 parents
- May 11: Parent Event – Lunch & Learn with Alex Chediak – Student Center, 12:00pm – Click here to sign up
US Christian Educator of the Year – Ms. Julie de la Fe
Each year, three nominees are selected by their peers and faculty within each division based on their:
- Devotion to Fulfill the Mission Statement
- Christian Character
- Accomplishment of Academic Success in the Classroom
- Commitment to Christian Education
After the nominees are selected, each TFA family is given one vote towards their student’s divisional nominees. The following remarks by parents and students who nominated this year’s winner will give you a peak into the person they are and the incredible impact they have made and are making on their students.
- This teacher is so devoted and always joyful.
- Awesome teacher, advisor, counselor, human being. A dedicated Christian person.
- She is a teacher who truly impacts all of her students, not just by imparting wisdom in the classroom but in day to day life as well. She is always encouraging and a bright spot in each student’s day. She puts the needs of her students before herself, which makes her stand out above many others!
- She is more than a teacher, she is the most amazing, Godly woman who nurtures, prays for, and builds up all of her students. She is a true inspiration and spiritual mentor. She goes above and beyond in caring for her students. TFA is lucky to have her!
Congratulations, Ms. de la Fe!
NEW THIS WEEK
Click here to check out this week’s edition of Raw Footage.
Attention 5th-11th grade girls!
Royal Sapphires Auditions will be held:
Monday, May 1st
Faith Hall 3rd Floor Room CF
The Royal Sapphires Dance Team represents TFA at Football games, Pep Rallies, Parades, & Chapels. The Sapphires also use dance as a tool to witness the gospel in the community. Wear dance attire and come prepared to move! Some Dance experience is recommended.
For more info, contact: Mrs. Collins, US room 116
Alternative Lunch – April 26
Students and Parents,
We will be having an alternative lunches on Wednesday, April 26th. The Junior Class is offering an alternative lunch for students in grades 5-12 and faculty to purchase those days. Kindergarten through 4th grade will have separate arrangements and will need to check with their teachers for information.
Lunch will be a Chick-fil-A Sandwich with chips & a water for $6.50. Extra Sandwich for $4.50.
To order, please visit https://thefirstacademy.org/about/lunch/ to order this lunch if interested. Please submit your order by Sunday, April 23rd at midnight.
When you submit your order, you should receive a confirmation page. You may need to scroll back to the top if your screen goes blank. You should also receive a confirmation email within 15 minutes from Larissa Galloway confirming receipt of payment. You do have the option of ordering for multiple students. Food distribution will be in the gym lobby.
Please remember that if you don’t like this option then you are welcome to bring something from home.
Save the Date – Alex Chediak Parent Event
Author Alex Chediak is speaking to Upper School students in chapel on Thursday, May 11th. Following chapel, we are hosting a Lunch & Learn for parents. All TFA parents are invited!
Thursday, May 11 at 12:00pm
$10 per person – includes lunch – Click here to sign up!
Coast to Coast College Tour
Monday, May 15th at 7pm
Renaissance Orlando at Sea World
6677 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, Fl 32821
Come speak with Representatives from Dartmouth College, Northwestern University, Princeton University, University of California, Berkeley, and Vanderbilt University
Register at: www.coasttocoasttour.org