IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS & DATES
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- April 27th: Rising 6th Grade Parent Meeting (Parents of Current 5th Grade Students) 3:15PM (Mrs. Parmer’s Room-LS 234)
- April 27th: Steel Drum Concert 6:30PM (Alumni Commons)
- May 2nd: Parent Association Meeting 10:45AM-12:00PM (Faith Hall 301)
- May 2nd: Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon 12:00PM (Faith Hall 301)
- May 2nd: Rising 4th Grade Parent Meeting (Parents of Current 3rd Grade Students) 3:15PM (Mrs. Combs’ Room-LS 210)
- May 4th: National Day of Prayer
- May 5th: 2nd Grade Eco Cafe (2nd Grade Classrooms)
- May 5th: LS Evening at the Arts-Peter Pan Jr. 7:30PM (Natalie Thomas Gymnasium)
- May 6th: LS Evening at the Arts-Peter Pan Jr. 7:30PM (Natalie Thomas Gymnasium)
- May 8th: Rising 1st Grade Parent Meeting (Parents of Current K Students) 3:15PM (Mrs. Williams’ Room-LS 138)
- May 9th: Rising 3rd Grade Parent Meeting (Parents of Current 2nd Grade Students) 3:15PM (Mrs. Schuessler’s Room-LS 208)
- May 10th: 1st Grade International Day
- May 10th: 6th Grade Mother’s Day Event
- May 10th: KPrep Mother’s Day Celebration 8:15AM (KPrep Classrooms)
- May 12th: Kindergarten Muffins with Moms 8:15AM (K Classrooms)
- May 12th: 6th Grade Missions Fest
- May 13th: Royal Academy of Arts and Enrichment Recital 4:00PM (Faith Hall)
- May 15th: Kindergarten Field Trip to Lego Land
- May 17th: Kindergarten Superkids Day
- May 18th: LS Awards Chapel 1:00PM (Faith Hall)
- May 24th: LS End of the Year Celebration/Last Day of School
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- May 4th: No Chapel-National Day of Prayer
- May 11th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: KPrep Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- May 11th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-10:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- May 18th: LS Awards Chapel 1:00PM (Faith Hal)
- May 24th: LS End of the Year Chapel 8:15AM (Faith Hall)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
It is so hard to believe that we are only a month away from the end of the school year. We are busy with so many end-of-the year planning and there are many fun things ahead. Dr. Whitaker wrote a great blog post last week about the importance of Fine Arts. We have quite a few different events coming up in Lower School but I defintely want to point out our Lower School Evening at the Arts Peter Pan Jr. production. Our 4th-6th grade production will take place on May 5th and 6th at 7:30pm in the Natalie Thomas Gymnasium. Join us for this fun performing arts event. You can purchase your tickets HERE.
3rd Grade Wax Museum
NEW THIS WEEK
Summer AR Reading
AR will be turned off from May 20th-June 4th to allow time to set up the 2017-2018 school year in the Renaissance Learning system. Summer AR testing will begin on Monday, June 5th. Summer AR testing will be available Monday through Friday from 9 AM-3 PM. There will be iPads available in the Lower School lobby from 9:00AM-3:00PM throughout the summer.
Rising Grade Level Parent Meetings
Parents of students in grades 1-5 are invited to attend an informative session on grade level expectations for the next year. Teachers will focus on benchmark learning skills critical for success for the new school year. Every parent should plan to attend. We have scheduled one session for each grade level. These are rising grade level meetings, so look for the grade your child will be in next year. Meetings will be held in the team leader’s classroom. Students of parents attending a session will be able to sit outside the classroom and will be under the supervision of other TFA faculty and staff for the duration of the meeting. All meetings will begin at 3:15pm.
Monday, April 24th
Rising Fifth Grade (Current 4th Grade)
Mrs. Camblin’s Classroom-LS Room 236
Tuesday, April 25th
Rising Second Grade (Current 1st Grade)
Mrs. Smith’s Classroom-LS Room 133
Thursday, April 27th
Rising Sixth Grade (Current 5th Grade)
Mrs. Parmer’s Classroom-LS Room 234
Tuesday, May 2nd
Rising Fourth Grade (Current 3rd Grade)
Mrs. Combs’ Class-LS Room 210
Monday, May 8th
Rising First Grade (Current Kindergarten)
Mrs. Williams’ Class-LS Room 138
Tuesday, May 9th
Rising Third Grade (Current 2nd Grade)
Mrs. Schuessler’s Classroom-LS Room 208
Royal Sapphires Auditions
Attention 5th-11th grade girls! Royal Sapphires Auditions will be held:
Monday, May 1st Time: 3:304:30PM
Faith Hall 3rd Floor Room CF
The Royal Sapphires Dance Team represents TFA at Football games, Pep Rallies, Parades, & Chapels. The Sapphires also use dance as a tool to witness the gospel in the community. Wear dance attire and come prepared to move! Some Dance experience is recommended.
For more info: Contact: Mrs. Collins US116 firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Scott LeslieScott517@gmail.com
NEHS Tennis Shoe Drive
Our NEHS students are hosting a tennis shoe drive in conjunction with New Missions. We have drop off boxes in Lower Schoo to collect the shoes. We are encouraging our students to earn money to help buy shoes.
Peter Pan Jr.-Purchase Tickets Today
You are not going to want to miss our Lower School Evening at the Arts presentation of Peter Pan Jr. Our students have been rehearsing tirelessly to get ready for this exciting performance. Shows will be May 5th and 6th at 7:30pm in the Natalie Thomas Gymnasium. Purchase tickets HERE.
Vacation Bible School 2017
First Baptist Orlando will be hosting a FREE Vacation Bible School (VBS) for students entering Kindergarten-5th grade. This year’s VBS will occur June 26th-30th from 9:30AM-12:30PM. It will be an interactive, creative experience for rising K-5th grade students. Register your child(ren) HERE for this fun and exciting opportunity.
4th Quarter AR Deadline
The 4th quarter AR deadline is Friday, May 19th. Please note, the last AR test day for students who hope to achieve the AR 200% Club award for the 2016-2017 school year is Monday, May 15th.
Any tests taken between May 16th and May 19th will still count toward the 4th quarter goal. However, students hoping to achieve the AR 200% Club award for the 2016-2017 school year must take the AR test by Monday, May 15th.
TFA Summer Preschool Opportunity
TFA’s Preschool is so very excited to welcome children, 8 weeks- 3 years old, back to campus for summer fun! Please see the attached flyer for more information. We love welcoming familiar Preschool families and new families too! Please feel free to pass along to family and friends. Click HERE for more information or to register.
Extended Library Hours
In an effort to better serve our TFA families, the Boyd-Moline Library will extend their afternoon hours beginning next week. The library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm. It will close at 3:30pm on Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.