IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR DECEMBER & JANUARY
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- December 16th: All School Christmas Program 10:00-11:30AM (FBCO Worship Center)
- December 16th: End of 2nd Quarter-12:15PM Dismissal
- December 19th-January 3rd: Christmas Break
- January 3rd: Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
- January 4th: 3rd Quarter Begins
- January 13th: 6th Grade Field Trip to Animal Kingdom
- January 16th: Student/Teacher Holiday
- January 18th: KPrep On-Campus Field Trip-Gatorland
- January 18th: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Blue Springs
- January 25th: Kindergarten 100th Day of School Celebration
- January 27th: 1st Grade Field Trip to the Science Center
- January 27th: 3rd Grade Miss Alaineus Parade
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- December 16th: All School Christmas Program 10:00AM (FBCO Worship Center)
- January 12th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Ms. Burns’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- January 19th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Dowling’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- January 26th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Williams’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
It is hard to believe that we have reached the middle of the school year already. Merry Christmas to all of our Lower School families. Enjoy these next two weeks with your families. Let’s celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in a way that impacts the people around us! When someone wishes you Happy Holidays, return the greeting with a bold, “Merry Christmas!” I pray that your Christmas would be blessed and I can’t wait to see everyone back in 2017.
And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2: 9-12
NEW THIS WEEK
Father Daughter Dance-Save the Date
Lower School-Orlando Magic Game
Lower School will be having a family social event at the Orlando Magic’s Faith and Family Night on Friday, January 20th beginning at 7:00pm. The Lower School Choir/Chorus students who are able to attend will be singing during the pregame show. Admission will also give families access to the concert taking place after the game. Tickets are $33 and $36 and can be purchased HERE. We have blocks of seating so we will all be in the same area. Tickets will be on sale through December 16th so go ahead and make your purchase soon! The teacher with the highest level of participation will receive a special gift from the Orlando Magic. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Box Tops for Education
The second collection due date for this year’s Box Tops for Education is Friday, December 16th. Please collect your box tops and turn them into the collection bucket located at the Lower, Middle or Upper School front desk. This program will help our school earn money, but more importantly help teach our students how joining forces with each other can accomplish great things. This project allows our children to choose, “Service before self and participation as a way of life.” Together we can set a TFA record this year!
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 3:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. It will close at 3:30pm on Monday and Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.