IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS & DATES
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- February 14th: Valentine’s Day
- February 14th: 2nd and 3rd Grade Field Trip to Orlando Repertory Theater
- February 16th: SSYRA Luncheon for 3rd-6th Grade (11:00-1:00pm)
- February 17th: Student Holiday/Professional Development Day
- February 20th: Student/Teacher Holiday-President’s Day
- February 24th: 5th Grade Field Trip to Oak Haven Farm
- February 27th: 1st Grade Creationism Workshop 11:30AM-2:30PM (TFA Library)
- March 1st: 3rd Grade 50’s Day
- March 2nd-3rd: WrAP Testing for 3rd-6th Grade
- March 4th: Lower School Night at the Solar Bears Game 7:00PM (Amway Arena)
- March 7th: 3rd Quarter AR Deadline
- March 7th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15-9:45AM (Faith Hall 3rd Floor)
- March 8th: Grandparent’s Day Rehearsal 11:00AM-2:00PM (Gym)
- March 9th: Grandparent’s Day Rehearsal 11:45AM-2:45PM (Gym)
- March 10th: Grandparent’s Day Program
- March 10th: End of the 3rd Quarter 12:15 Dismissal
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- February 16th: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Walton’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 16th: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- February 23rd: K4-5th Grade Chapel: Mrs. Camblin’s Class Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- February 23rd: 6th/MS Grade Chapel: 9:30-9:15AM (Henry Chapel)
- March 2nd: No Chapel Due to WrAP Testing
- March 9th: No Chapel Due to Grandparent’s Day Rehearsal
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
Mark your calendars for our annual Grandparent’s Day program on March 10th beginning at 7:50AM. This is a special day in the Lower School as we honor and celebrate our grandparents and special friends. Each homeroom will have a special presentation in the classroom. With the schedule, grandparents will have the opportunity to visit multiple classrooms. Following classroom presentations, we will have a very special program in our new Cramer Family Field House. All students in K4-5th grade will take part in the program. Students in the steel drum band and the beginning band will also perform. It is early dismissal at 12:15PM. Be on the lookout for information coming home with students so you can RSVP for all of your grandparents and special guests.
Famous Americans-Dr. Mae Jemison
Kindergarten students are studying Famous Americans and have been exploring the life of Dr. Mae Jemison. They have read books about her and even watched a short video presentation about her accomplishments in the area of medicine, astronomy, and even public service. One class did a story map or timeline of Dr. Mae Jemison’s life.
Mae’s Life Timeline:
- Schooling & interest in Science/Astronomy
- Medical doctor/Peace Corps volunteer helping people in Africa
Mrs. Cline’s Chapel Presentation
Mrs. Cline helped us continue our look at the biblical character trait of love last week in chapel.
NEW THIS WEEK
Lower School Night at the Solar Bears Hockey Game
Mark your calendars for March 4th. Lower School will be going to a Solar Bears Hockey game.
Tickets may be purchased HERE.
TFA Summer Preschool Opportunity
TFA’s Preschool is so very excited to welcome children, 8 weeks- 3 years old, back to campus for summer fun! Please see the attached flyer for more information. We love welcoming familiar Preschool families and new families too! Please feel free to pass along to family and friends. Click HERE for more information or to register.
Extended Library Hours
In an effort to better serve our TFA families, the Boyd-Moline Library will extend their afternoon hours beginning next week. The library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 4:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the remainder of the school year. Students must still be accompanied by parents or guardians in the library after school. Accelerated Reader testing will be available until 4:15pm and book checkout until 4:20pm. It will close at 3:30pm on Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.