IMPORTANT EVENTS & DATES FOR NOVEMBER & DECEMBER
Parents, please take a moment to mark your calendars. The following are important dates that you do not want to miss:
- November 13th: Open House 1:30-4:30PM
- November 15th: PA Uniform Resale 7:30-9:30AM (Lower School Room 213)
- November 16th: 3rd Grade Thanksgiving Celebration 8:15AM (3rd Grade Classrooms)
- November 17th: 1st Grade Thanksgiving Celebration 2:00PM (1st Grade Classrooms)
- November 17th: 2nd Grade Writing Showcase 8:30-10:00AM (2nd Grade Classrooms)
- November 17th: 4th Grade Thanksgiving Celebration 10:45-12:00PM (4th Grade Classrooms)
- November 18th: K4, TK, K Thanksgiving Presentation 12:30-1:00PM (Faith Hall)
- November 18th: K4, TK, K Thanksgiving Dessert Fellowship 1:15-2:15PM (Classrooms)
- November 21st-25th: Thanksgiving Break-No School
- November 30th: Deck the Halls
- December 2nd: 4th Grade St. Augustine Field Trip
- December 6th: Parent Association Meeting 8:15-9:45AM (Faith Hall 301)
- December 9th: 3rd Grade Magic Kingdom Field Trip
- December 13th: 2nd Quarter AR Deadline
- December 13th: Kindergarten Polar Express Day
- December 14th: Alternative Lunch for K4-5th Grade
- December 14th: Lower School Christmas Class Celebrations
- December 15th: Alterative Lunch for K4-5th Grade
- December 16th: All School Christmas Program 10:00-11:30AM (FBCO Worship Center)
- December 16th: End of 2nd Quarter-12:15PM Dismissal
CHAPEL VENUES, DATES, & TIMES
The following is a list of upcoming chapel dates and times:
- December 1st: K4-5th Grade Chapel-Mrs. Agan’s Chapel Presentation 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- December 1st: Middle School Chapel (6th-8th) 9:30-10:10AM (Faith Hall)
- December 8th: Christmas Chapel 8:30-9:15AM (Faith Hall)
- December 16th: All School Christmas Program
A NOTE FROM MRS. JACKSON
Wednesday was a really special day in Lower School. We had a wonderful picnic behind the Lower School building to culminate our Celebrate America unit. Mrs. Philbin (mom of Micah-3rd, Liam-6th, and Lauren-8th) took class pictures to help commemorate this fun event.
We ended the day with a patriotic showcase of songs and presentations to honor those who served and continue to serve our country in the military. We are proud of those who serve to protect our country!
K4 Farm Day
KPrep students spent a morning exploring and experiencing farm activities! We dressed like farmers, made and ate a farm breakfast, had hayrides, ran a hay bale obstacle course, made butter, sorted eggs and gourds, milked a “cow”, shucked fresh corn, and created farm crafts! It was a wonderful time for both our students and our many parent volunteers!
NEW THIS WEEK
Do not miss our upcoming Uniform Resale. Our Parent Association will host the next uniform resale on Tuesday, November 15th from 7:45am to 9:30am. We have a change in location for this sale. It will be located in Lower School Room 213. This is a great opportunity to stock up on uniform items to help get through those Spring growth spurts!
Right Now Media
We’re excited to share that our school now has access to an extensive video library called RightNow Media. It’s the “Netflix of Video Bible Studies” and has a HUGE library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want—on your phone, iPad, computer, or at home on your TV. The best part is that every TFA family can access this service for FREE! If you haven’t already received your invitation to register please let us know you’d like to get your FREE access by sending an email to email@example.com.We hope that RightNow Media is a blessing to you and your family. Check out the links below for a sample of the content. Thank you for partnering with us!
11/10 – It Starts at Home https://vimeo.com/128271003
Book Camp! Incentive Program
October 17-December 16
Each week, students can fill out a BOOK CAMP reading record form. Students can read any 10 books themselves, or the books may be read to them. Completed reading records (records with at least 10 books) should be turned in during the student’s regular library time each week in order to receive a special prize! Click below for a copy of the BOOK CAMP log.
This is just a friendly reminder that students may be dropped off beginning at 7:30AM. If you arrive to school prior to that time, we request that students remain with their parents until 7:30AM. The library and the gym are open at that time. Student supervision does not begin until that time.
The Boyd Moline Library will be open until 3:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. It will close at 3:30pm on Monday and Friday and at 2:40pm on Wednesdays.
The TFA Calendar is a wonderful way to find the dates of upcoming events. Access our web-based calendar anytime. We recommend that you subscribe to all relevant calendars so you can keep up with all of the events going on around the school.
Parent Volunteer Background Check
If you are a new parent and would like to volunteer in your child(ren)’s classroom(s) or chaperone on field trips please complete our free background check. Please note that the background check site only works on Internet Explorer or Firefox on a desktop computer. Safari and Chrome are not supported by the site. Approvals take a few weeks so plan ahead! All parents must have a completed background check before volunteering of chaperoning on a field trip.